Inline spinner baits.

I have caught a lot of fish over the years on baits like Rooster tails, Shysters, Blue Fox etc. yet you seldom hear about them anymore. I guess it is maybe a marketing thing to push more money making baits.

2. Member
    I use them occasionally. They work great but I tend to throw spinnerbaits around grass and the bent wire style are much better around grass.

3. Member
    I’ve been making my own for too many years to count. Think cp swinger / Swiss swinger style and they still catch fish for me. I created a new style this year to get past line twist with them. Line twist is a killer throwing inlines from a boat.

4. Member
    About the only time I throw roostertails anymore is when I'm fishing for whites.

5. Member
    There is a good story about Billy Westmoreland on Dale Hollow fishing a Pedigo Spinrite and a lost Smallmouth he thought was the new record.

6. Member
    They are like a snag magnet for me............like throwing them but really hesitate.

7. Member
    I've caught a lot of fish on a Mepps #3, CP Swing and a Hildebrandt in line spinner. Open water around docks and ripping them out of thin weeds.

8. Member
    Years ago I found Terminator brand inline spinnerbaits, held up well. Used them for perch on LSC.

9. Member
    Guys don’t talk about them but they work great in the fall and quite a few guys throw them in local tournaments I have fished

10. Member
    I used the big size in-lines to solve the puzzle of fishing shallow weeds when its windy. Hildebrandt Snagless Sally.

11. Member
    If I'm targeting Bass I'm not even thinking about tying on an inline spinner ever. Largemouth or Smallmouth, anymore.
    Now Musky, Pike Trout and Salmon are a different story around here. Love my inline's with a steel leader

12. Member
    I’d like to get my ultra light action rod out, and just go around throwing a 1/8 ounce rooster tail all day. I miss that. Catch everything that swims in the same day.

13. Member
    I don’t use them for bass anymore. But a #3 mepps firetiger for largemouth and red/white for smallmouth were my go to lures when I was young.

now for stream trout, they’re basically the only lure I throw anymore, specifically #0/#1 blue fox in silver, gold, or copper They seem to out perform spoons or stick baits.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    I’d like to get my ultra light action rod out, and just go around throwing a 1/8 ounce rooster tail all day. I miss that. Catch everything that swims in the same day.
    Panther Martins can be deadly when you hold the rod up and fish it like a fly in current. Love the rooster to

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Panther Martins can be deadly when you hold the rod up and fish it like a fly in current. Love the rooster to
    you mean like swinging a wet fly down stream? Never thought about doing that I’ll have to give it a try
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

16. Member
    Fished an ABA open series on Logan Martin last weekend and the guy who finished 2nd caught them on an in line spinner. Might have to pick up a few to have in the boat now.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    you mean like swinging a wet fly down stream? Never thought about doing that I’ll have to give it a try
    Yep. The blade swings so easy if you size it right. 6lb mono gets it done.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    There is a good story about Billy Westmoreland on Dale Hollow fishing a Pedigo Spinrite and a lost Smallmouth he thought was the new record.
    https://www.bassmaster.com/news/bass...y-westmorland/

Little off topic but what ever happened to Shannon Twin Spinners. When I was a kid fishing farm ponds and reservoirs that was the lure to have. Wonder if anyone makes it anymore and would they work?