Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Fishing today with my crosstalk units

Went fishing today. I‘m sure HB is working to fix the last update but man I can’t wait. My solix units with mega live is pretty much junk. Like we have already talked about I have to turn off the 360 on the additional unit up front. It’s mot just the 360 causing the crosstalk as 2d does as well. I used to be able to see my lure like 60 feet out, now I’m lucky to see it 20 feet out. Get off your ass Humminbird and fix this as there has been plenty of time to fix this mistake! Very frustrating have two units up front and not being able to use all my functions
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Member
    Jim, I have been having issues also since the last update. 360, not even turned on--to too blurry to distinguish anything, and no adjustment helps. The MegaLive is still not doing anything close to the images before the last update, but yesterday I did get better results by changing the forward facing transducer from 40 to 70. At this angle I can see the lure and track it back and spot fish and structure. Images not even close to the pre-update images, but the best I can get since the update.

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoufellow View Post
    Jim, I have been having issues also since the last update. 360, not even turned on--to too blurry to distinguish anything, and no adjustment helps. The MegaLive is still not doing anything close to the images before the last update, but yesterday I did get better results by changing the forward facing transducer from 40 to 70. At this angle I can see the lure and track it back and spot fish and structure. Images not even close to the pre-update images, but the best I can get since the update.
    Ive seen this before and I’m a bit confused in that I thought 60 degrees was the highest?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Jeff Gustafson had some good video on the Classic online broadcast using his Mega Live to catch 18.5#. He’s leading the Classic. BASS had several short segments of the fish caught by Gustafson as he caught them. I did see the rings of interference for a brief second, but overall his display was very good and easy to see the wolfpacks of smallmouth. He referred to them by size before he caught them.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    Jeff Gustafson had some good video on the Classic online broadcast using his Mega Live to catch 18.5#. He’s leading the Classic. BASS had several short segments of the fish caught by Gustafson as he caught them. I did see the rings of interference for a brief second, but overall his display was very good and easy to see the wolfpacks of smallmouth. He referred to them by size before he caught them.
    Ok just watched that, pretty cool video. I saw the rings but overall his graph is pretty dialed in
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

7. Member
    Sweet footage....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Ok just watched that, pretty cool video. I saw the rings but overall his graph is pretty dialed in
    It didn’t look like he was running 360. I see he has the transducer on his boat, but couldn’t say for sure I saw it displayed.

9. Member
    I was out fishing yesterday, turned off 360 pinging as was STILL getting rings to show. Not as bad, but intermittently they would come across the screen. Ugh...I have Helix units.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy9nc View Post
    I was out fishing yesterday, turned off 360 pinging as was STILL getting rings to show. Not as bad, but intermittently they would come across the screen. Ugh...I have Helix units.
    Do you have current software?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Yep. Everything is at the latest firmware revisions.

Are all of your units networked?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    I had horrible rings show up after the last update and this is what fixed it for me. 1) I added another Ethernet box and only connect my Mega Live and control head I run it on to that box. Note, this Ethernet box is linked to the other Ethernet box 2) I added a Y cable and merged my Ultrex transducer and Mega 360 3) I don't have any physical transducer connected to my Mega Live control head and turned sonar off 4) When I turn on everything I do it in this order. A. I turn on power to my boat, the Mega Live (which is running on it's own battery) and my control head for my Mega 360 first. B. I turn on the control head at my console. C. I don't turn on the control head I use for Mega Live until I stop at the first area I want to fish. 5) I put on all the latest updates. My Brother who also started to get the horrible rings after the last update, putting on the latest updates fixed his issues. The issue is a network configuration by Humminbird allowing all the data to flow through all the control heads and how you start up your units in that network. Good Luck!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I’m watching him today and his units are definitely dialed in with rings only showing up occasionally. Wonder if HB gave the pros the fix before this tournament before releasing it to us which I believe they have done in the past
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. Member
    I have 4 graphs(2 bow,2 console), mega 360, ultrex ipilot link, and mega live. 360 goes to my bow helix12 where i use the mega live. Ultrex with DI goes to my bow helix 10. I used to have 360 and DI with the y cable connected but i thought it was less chance of interference having 360 on the switch. I have 2 ethernet boxes also. I will double check my networking topology and set it up like woppercatcher has it and see if that helps. Thanks for the tips!

I have 4 graphs(2 bow,2 console), mega 360, ultrex ipilot link, and mega live. 360 goes to my bow helix12 where i use the mega live. Ultrex with DI goes to my bow helix 10. I used to have 360 and DI with the y cable connected but i thought it was less chance of interference having 360 on the switch. I have 2 ethernet boxes also. I will double check my networking topology and set it up like woppercatcher has it and see if that helps. Thanks for the tips!
    The DI transducer and MEGA 360 should be connected to the same display so the sonar pings are sequenced==cannot cross-talk.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Following

18. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I really expected to hear of an update or something from the BASS classic going on now
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

19. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    watching it now he has some serious crosstalk going on which actually I’m kind of glad to see. He must have 360 on now
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

20. Member
    Managed to get on the water this morning before the storms rolled thru, and i have to say that what Wayne and Whoppercatcher recommended to do helped alot. I never saw any rings now with the DI and 360 merged together. I also rewired the network connections so both bow head units and live were on the same switch. Thanks for the help fellas.

IMG_3176.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast