Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy9nc View Post
    Managed to get on the water this morning before the storms rolled thru, and i have to say that what Wayne and Whoppercatcher recommended to do helped alot. I never saw any rings now with the DI and 360 merged together. I also rewired the network connections so both bow head units and live were on the same switch. Thanks for the help fellas.

Attachment 518086
    do you mean under sonar source putting DI and 360 on the same control head?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    do you mean under sonar source putting DI and 360 on the same control head?
    Yes, installed the Y cable connector on one unit. So nothing is attached to the unit i use for live imaging.

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Word from HB at the classic is that a solix update will be out in June
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    Did they comment as to why the guys were able to use theirs now?
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Did they comment as to why the guys were able to use theirs now?
    "The guys" get the cross-talk just like everyone else does. Did you watch the Classic live?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Classic Live was definitely cool! I love that a Humminbird fisherman using Mega Live won it. He definitely had crosstalk, but I have found that you can change the various ranges being use to "move" the crosstalk so it is less obtrusive.

I'm also learning how to ignore the crosstalk. I'm spoiled by the Humminbird clarity so it's been hard to do. It is irritating but the fish and lure information is still there... you just have to learn to tune out the semicircle crosstalk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely anxious for the fix to come, but I'm NOT going to NOT USE Mega Live and Mega 360 both at the same time until that happens.

I follow MoneyBass (Ryan Johnson) on YouTube and he is a master at getting things on Mega Live and Mega 360 "good enough" to catch fish... his focus is on the fishing and not clarity. I'm the opposite of him and probably spend too much time trying to get things perfect... but, since I troll for Stripers, I have periods of inactivity where I have plenty of time to "tweak".
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

I have my units networked and see very little crosstalk - nothing that is a problem. That occasional pulse from 360 doesn't affect use at all.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy9nc View Post
    Managed to get on the water this morning before the storms rolled thru, and i have to say that what Wayne and Whoppercatcher recommended to do helped alot. I never saw any rings now with the DI and 360 merged together. I also rewired the network connections so both bow head units and live were on the same switch. Thanks for the help fellas.

Attachment 518086
    Great!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

9. Member
    Jeez . Gotta love tech

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    "The guys" get the cross-talk just like everyone else does. Did you watch the Classic live?
    No I did not watch the classic “LIVE”. I had other duties. As stated with your post and since is the fact they used what they had and figured out how to get it done. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    No I did not watch the classic “LIVE”. I had other duties. As stated with your post and since is the fact they used what they had and figured out how to get it done. Bob
    It can be "done" good enough to use for fishing. Just ignore the flash semi-circle and look at the fish and presentation.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    It can be "done" good enough to use for fishing. Just ignore the flash semi-circle and look at the fish and presentation.

Are you running the latest update for Solix 12 Gen 3?

Quote Originally Posted by foo View Post
    Are you running the latest update for Solix 12 Gen 3?
    Yes and on a 12 G3 below that unit with MEGA 360, MEGA DI, and HW CHIRP.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Classic Live was definitely cool! I love that a Humminbird fisherman using Mega Live won it. He definitely had crosstalk, but I have found that you can change the various ranges being use to "move" the crosstalk so it is less obtrusive.

I'm also learning how to ignore the crosstalk. I'm spoiled by the Humminbird clarity so it's been hard to do. It is irritating but the fish and lure information is still there... you just have to learn to tune out the semicircle crosstalk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely anxious for the fix to come, but I'm NOT going to NOT USE Mega Live and Mega 360 both at the same time until that happens.

I follow MoneyBass (Ryan Johnson) on YouTube and he is a master at getting things on Mega Live and Mega 360 "good enough" to catch fish... his focus is on the fishing and not clarity. I'm the opposite of him and probably spend too much time trying to get things perfect... but, since I troll for Stripers, I have periods of inactivity where I have plenty of time to "tweak".
    totally agree with you however I rarely watch money bass because he has helix units but he does know his stuff!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

I could live with that as mine is a lot worse
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

16. Member
    I couldn’t live with that. And why would anyone else . Hope they fix your problem Jim .

17. Member
    Jim you are correct about the Max forward setting for the Mega Live being 60, but I can get seven clicks on the transducer from the straight down position of the transducer. I click the transducer seven clicks up from straight down and set the head unit to 60 (which is as high as it will allow). Never needed to do this before the last update. Hopefully things will get back to normal after the fix.

18. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoufellow View Post
    Jim you are correct about the Max forward setting for the Mega Live being 60, but I can get seven clicks on the transducer from the straight down position of the transducer. I click the transducer seven clicks up from straight down and set the head unit to 60 (which is as high as it will allow). Never needed to do this before the last update. Hopefully things will get back to normal after the fix.
    yep, I found this out as well. Thanks
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

19. Member
    Mine got a lot better yesterday using HB's recommended work around with auto contrast and sensitivity. But without being able to bump up the sensitivity to see my bait, I was only able to view the scenery and watch the reactions. I was working a large twister tail on 1/32 jig head...could see the bait maybe 5-10 feet before i pulled it out of water. My semi circles remained, tho not as bad. I had dynamic on high as I was in 7 ft or less as well and ducer at 7 clicks in forward too with the 1/2 inch mask and 60 degrees set on the graph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12