Mega 360: Install switch or no?

How necessary is it to wire a switch to my Mega 360 if I use a battery disconnect at the end of every fishing day? Isn't the amp draw so minimal?

2. Member
    That's how I have mine setup. I run my electronics off a lithium house battery with 2 solixes, ML, M360 and a stereo on all day then shut everything when coming off the water. I run a 100ah battery down to about 50% on 8 hour day.. Haven't experienced any issues without a dedicated switch to either the M360 or ML.

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The reason for the switch is to prevent continued battery drain when the Mega Live or Mega 360 aren't in use. Even when out of the water, the Mega Live and Mega 360 are "watching" for the wet switch to be activated, so they always use a small amount of power that can drain the battery over time.

This can be a whole boat switch or an individual switch. Personally, I prefer individual switches because you can turn them off and on again without shutting everything down. This has come in very handy for me on a few occasions when Mega Live or Mega 360 has become "confused." A simple off and back on of the device can sometimes fix the problem without having to reboot everything.

There are a large number of toggle switch or latching switch choices for an individual switch. I personally use an Apiele LED Latching Switch from Amazon, and it works great.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    The real reason I want a switch is to be able to quickly shut off and restart the M360 without shutting off the unit power when it locks up. Not that is happens every time, but there are enough times the unit will glitch/freeze and shutting it off and restarting it will fix.
    Without a switch, you have to kill power to everything that is powered by your shutoff/breaker.