Slots on Nolin and Rough?

I heard that the KDFWR did away with 1 fish from 12 to 15 inches, now all fish must be 15 and above.
    Can anyone verify this?
    Thanks

2. Member
    Yes, saw it on the fish and wildlife rule book for this year. Its online to be downloaded. Cave run changed their slot too.
    2021 Ranger Z521L Cup/Touring pkg
    2021 Mercury 250 Pro XS V8 4.6L
    Humminbird Solix and 360
    Lowrance HDS Live x2
    8 ft Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by chefdave View Post
    I heard that the KDFWR did away with 1 fish from 12 to 15 inches, now all fish must be 15 and above.
    Can anyone verify this?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentrout View Post

The slot has also been removed from Barren. All largemouth and smallmouth must be 15". Its in the link greentrout posted.

4. Member
    I would like to see them go to a 16 inch size limit on many lakes in the state for largemouth and 18 inches on smallmouth
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

I’d like to see them go to a size limit where you can’t keep anything over 15” unless you are in a tournament and have a permit saying you will release all fish.

Need to crack down on the Amish. Nothing gets put back.

I agree 100% that enforcement needs to be a major priority. I fish mainly Green and Barren along with an occasional Cumberland trip. I probably average 35 or more days a year on the water which is not a lot but its still often enough that I should see a patrol officer every once in a while. To the best of my memory the last time I was checked was 3-4 years ago and that was in the parking lot when I was going home. All he ask for was to see my license. I could of had a live-well full of undersize fish and he would have never known because he never ask to look. If I were guessing I would estimate its been 10 or more years since I had a game officer ask to look in my live-well. A regulation without enforcement is the honor system in my opinion. The meat hunters can thrive in a system like that.

I know a lot of people don't want to stop fishing for a couple few minutes to be checked. I have no issue being check because I wish there was more law enforcement presence. I also realize its a lot of expense to have a patrol boat on the water but they could set up in parking areas and check people leaving. I'm typically not the one to cry for more laws or regulations. In this case all I'm asking is to have a bigger presence and enforce what's already in place. If I were a meat hunter I could load my deep freeze because I would not have to worry about size or creel limits.

8. Member
    Been a few years since i was checked but saw a warden at the fishing creek ramp on Cumberland Sunday.

9. Member
    I haven’t been cked but once on Cumberland 20 plus years ago- did see 6 or so of their new boats at earl wallace ramp last week. I’d say 3 fish limit a good start as well including tourneys

10. Member
    I've been checked at white oak, pitman, fishing creek & at fall creek too just not lately. Didn't get checked but fished right beside & talked to two in harmon creek last summer too.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    I’d say 3 fish limit a good start as well including tourneys
    I totally agree but then you hear the guys saying that anybody can catch 3 & that 5 takes luck out of the equation. I believed for a long time that a 3 fish limit would be a great thing myself. The weeknight tournament on green has some big weights for 3.

12. Member
    I got check on Dale Hollow 2 weeks ago. Maybe it’s because my boat still is registered to my home in Texas.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    I haven’t been cked but once on Cumberland 20 plus years ago- did see 6 or so of their new boats at earl wallace ramp last week. I’d say 3 fish limit a good start as well including tourneys
    How will changing the creel limit help? In reply #8 I pointed out that without patrol and enforcement its easy to break the law. I'm not singling you out or trying to be negative towards you personally but in your post you stated you have not been checked but one time in 20 years on Cumberland. That statement supports my claim that we need more patrol and enforcement. I've been fishing 40 or so years with 30 + on public water. I can't say that I ever in my life recall anyone getting a ticket for creel or size limit violations. If KDFW spent as much time doing law enforcement with fish like they do with Elk we would not be having this discussion about lack of patrol or enforcement.

14. Member
    I agree with Gene there. When i coonhunted i had a game warden who was a supervisor over other wardens tell me unless somebody called them they weren't bothering a coonhunter because the fish & wildlife didn't consider them game animals & would be happy if they were all killed because they were turkey & quail egg eaters & there isn't any money in coon hunting as in no permits, draw hunts etc. compared to deer & turkey hunting & i'd assume elk hunting nowadays too. Pretty pathetic in my book. Money maker or not they're in charge of enforcing the rules & regulations & they need to treat all the same way. If they happen to come upon a violation of any kind most of them will enforce it but they sure ain't out actively looking for them like they use to be.