Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    he fishes 220 days a year? What is his profession to make $120,000 and be able to fish that much?
    curious as well. Engineering must be the wrong business, cause I’m 31, licensed, only get 20 days off a year (max including holidays) and combined me and my wife don’t even make nearly 120k

only kids I know under 30 that make that amount work for National Grid or Corrections. And even then they have to work 60-80 hour weeks to hit that.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. Member
    They’re some blue collar workers making 6 figures, but they live at their place at work.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    They’re some blue collar workers making 6 figures, but they live at their place at work.
    All depends on where you live. Fairly common around here (even without crazy ot) but the cost of living is high too
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    What do some of you think a top auto tech or HD truck tech makes? How about a oil field/offshore welder, crane operator? I could go on.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    What do some of you think a top auto tech or HD truck tech makes? How about an oil field/offshore welder, crane operator? I could go on.
    Not sure. $40 an hour??

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    What do some of you think a top auto tech or HD truck tech makes? How about a oil field/offshore welder, crane operator? I could go on.
    If you’re a diesel mechanic, and NOT making 6 figures annually working a 40 hour week, you’re a shitty mechanic. Haha. Most of the decent mechanics at the shop I work at are CLEARING $2000 a week.

7. Member
    What someone can get a loan for and what they can afford are two totally different things...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    I would gamble that offshore don't see the abuse that a bassboat sees routinely. Maybe you guys are okay with it but I would cringe at the thought of it and a big reason why I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a fishing boat.
    I grew up off shore fishing and can assure you they take more abuse

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    I grew up off shore fishing and can assure you they take more abuse
    Gaffs, giant fish, huge waves, huge percentage are stored outside (many uncovered). They have a way harder life than your average spray wax before putting it in the garage bass boat.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    A lot of companies are using aluminum compartment lids and IMO they suck. Bass Cat back in the day used to have fiberglass compartment lids which never flexed or changed shape so the compartments were always dry and stayed dry. Got a buddy with a 20 year old Jaguar that has the fiberglass lids and the compartments still stay dry. My 2021 BC has the aluminum lids and there are fitment issues and depending on the lid fitment some of the compartments get wet. You walk across the lids and you can feel them flex and that never happened on my older BC's with the fiberglass lids. It's a lot easier and cheaper to go with aluminum which is why aluminum is used.
    Having done both glass fabrications and aluminum I'd disagree. Aluminum material is far more expensive. Aluminum welding processes far more expensive, glass is cheap and easy. Both if properly reinforced will serve the purpose fine but glass will be heavier. Keep in mind we are talking locker lids here that have minimal finishing since they will be carpeted over. Now if we go to fully finished and gel coated or painted glass versus aluminum that's where we get more expensive. as the finishing process to really make glass look smooth and shiny are time consuming and expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Bass boat 4 footers, not ocean 4 footers
    Exactly!
    Woody

12. Member
    Added new video to first post.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    I know some guys who are pipe liners and they make money well north of $150k and only work 8-9 months a year. But, they are rarely sleeping at home and will work over 2,500 hours in those 8-9 months.

14. Member
    I’d like to see the validated list of 35 innovations they claim. Looking at the hull profile ,looks like it’s going to be a rough ride as it has many flat surface area under it. What’s really surprising is it can’t break the 70mph mark

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    I’d like to see the validated list of 35 innovations they claim. Looking at the hull profile ,looks like it’s going to be a rough ride as it has many flat surface area under it. What’s really surprising is it can’t break the 70mph mark
    Did it say that in the video?

16. Member
    Did it say that in the video?
    No wasn’t stated in video , came up in conversation at the classic with a rep and somewhere online possibly Long winded marine on his water test 68 was best it would do.

17. Member
    Wheeler's supposedly runs 65 going fishing.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Wheeler's supposedly runs 65 going fishing.
    So Ranger speeds more or less.

19. Member
    So Ranger speeds more or less.
    Oh, I think a Ranger will outrun it loaded.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567