Strange Ipilot remote pairing issue

New terrova. Micro remote and phone app can pair, LCD remote (we tried 2 of them brand new at the dealer) will not pair. Minkota verified compatibility. The odds of 2 new remotes being bad seems pretty low but I guess anything is possible. Would like the full remote for calibration atleast. They are warranting out the 2 LCD remotes with MK so we can try a different one.

2. Member
    The original remote comes already paired. There is a limit of three. After 3 the next one takes the place of one of the others. You may be in a loop which is messing the pairing up. Make sure the batteries are good in all your remotes. Micro’s have been around a long time. Possibly a key was being pressed inside the package. Might be time to have Minn Kota get things started over. I have not heard many issues with new remotes over the years. Could also be a BT issue with the controller as well. Calling the HD would be my next move anyway. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Thanks. The original remote was a LCD remote and they said they couldn’t get it to pair so they ordered the micro in its place and it paired fine. But I was like where is my full remote lol. I dont think you have a way to calibrate the heading sensor without it which makes me wonder why they sell units with the micro only. We did some trouble shooting including downloading the app to see if it would pair and it did also. But no luck on the 2 new full size remotes. We also tried those on another boat that had a link system with a terrova and they wouldnt pair with it either. Once hitting the check button it goes back to the home screen. Boat batteries are new and hot. Maybe it could be the batteries in those remotes.

4. Member
    One more question. Do you have ipilot Link or ipilot? The remotes are different and not interchanable. They were selling units without the full remote till the supply Chain caught up. You need the actual remote for several important features and there is a procedure to get the proper remote at no cost and still keep the micro remote. Call MK or HB and ask. Your dealer should have known this. Bob

5. Member
    Bob is right. You can not pair a link remote to a non link I-pilot and vise versa. Mke sure you have the correct remote with the uint you have.
    Whom ever did the install on your unit should have replaced the remote from the onset with the defective remote if it is defective. bob is also right about the remote device limit of three.
    I don't remomber if there is a clear feather on the I-pilot like the resat of the devices, but I am sure there is. If that makes sense.
    I will try to find it if I can.

6. Member
    The remotes trying to be paired the new terrova ipilot 24v are the standard LCD screen models. 2 of them have been attempted out of the box. Phone and micro remote can pair fine. MK reassured compatibility.

If it has a color screen its a "LINK" remote and will not pair with your motor
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    It doesnt

9. Member
    One last shot. What kind of batteries are in the remote? The old (non BT) had a large coin battery. The current ipilot remote(BT) has AA batteries. There are still a few old remotes around but pretty rare anymore. Good luck with your quest! Bob