Where would you go?

Got a question, I am taking my son and nephew (both 17) on an overnight 2 day fishing trip to a lake /river somewhere with 4 to 5 hours from Nky. Not really sure where to go to give the boys a chance to catch a bunch of fish to keep them occupied ☺️. They don't care if it's bluegill, crappie, stripes or bass, I'm just trying to get my nephew out of the house and take his mind of his younger brother who is on chemo treatments for cancer and also give the parents a break from a teenage boy during their spring break. I was thinking about reelfoot lake for crappie but I've never been there before or maybe western KY? All I know is the boys are excited and I'd like to give them an opportunity to catch something. We will be fishing out of my boat and will need a motel nearby to stay the night. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, you can PM me if needed.

Thanks
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

2. Member
    Based on the weather, looks like I am taking the boys to Reelfoot Sunday thru Monday. I have never targeted crappie before in my life but I have 3 ultralite poles and some slip bobbers, I imagine we can muddle our way thru.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI