Hydrotec PH kit questions

I have a champion 203 with an OX66 225. Looking to get more power out of the motor. Based on the research I've done Heads are best bang for buck, followed by Reeds.

I'm debating PH2 or PH3 kits, Whats the expected HP difference between the two? Looks like the biggest difference is the throttle body? Any real world fishing gains from the lightweight flywheel?

At what RPM does the OX66 stop making power with the PH kits? I know you can cut the rev limiter, and TBH I don't feel comfortable spinning it all the way up to 6700RPM, however I'd be happy to prop it to turn 6300-6400RPM.

And lastly, I've read alot about low pressure fuel pumps having issues after a PH kit. What is everyone's go to external fuel pump they are using, and where does one find a clean delete kit?

I know it's alot, but I have alot of questions.
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs

2. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    I can’t give you a lot. But had a buddy with a 20I class with a 250HPDI that had a phase III installed. It was an absolute blast to be in. It gained a few mph on top end. But from 25 to 65 it was like being shot out of a cannon. Amazing.

He added the lightweight flywheel and said it was more responsive and spun up quicker. I wanna think it had the mild tune in it. As hot as Wayne would go and still keep a good idle etc.

My SHO will be flashed before too long. Lol

3. Member
    Call Matt Worthy at Hydrotech and talk to him. Those guys do the best Yamaha work around. I’ve got a phase 2 kit on a 225HPDI on my Ranger Z520. Couldn’t be happier

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckband417 View Post
    Call Matt Worthy at Hydrotech and talk to him. Those guys do the best Yamaha work around. I’ve got a phase 2 kit on a 225HPDI on my Ranger Z520. Couldn’t be happier
    thank you. What kind of gains did you see with the PH2 kit?
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs

5. Member
    Anyone know if they do anything for Yamaha 175 vmax hpdi

6. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunting View Post
    Anyone know if they do anything for Yamaha 175 vmax hpdi
    Yes, back in 2012 they did a 175 for me Phase 3 kit heads big bore kit light fly wheel solid motor mounts V stacks. Look on there web site it shows what they offer.
    Last edited by Wags; 04-05-2023 at 08:59 PM.
    LeaLea

7. Member
    In my experience, Heads and reeds are all I would do. Now you did say 6400rpm, in that case a tuner would help in that area. The phase kits have nothing to do with the low pressure pump issue. A holley red pump and 3 blockoff plates for the pumps is all there is other than hooking up the relay for the fuel pump. No kit so to speak that I know of. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

My ol 250 3.1L was built when the phase 3 was installed by my mechanic....it gained about 10 mph over the stock 250....mid 80s boat still at 6200...I'll cruise at 75 when running around 5500 max....200 provee XT Bumble Bee....engine is a screamer..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand