Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ford reports 3 billion loss in its EV start up.

That’s a lot of money for ant company.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ional-vehicles

2. Member
    Probably about what it will lose going into Formula 1 also.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Start ups lose money, how much money did Tesla lose before hitting a break even year? How much is still on their balance sheets? As for the $3 billion dollars Ford is able to finance this cost either themselves via corporate bonds or by borrowing from banks and don't seem too concerned about it.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Start ups lose money, how much money did Tesla lose before hitting a break even year? How much is still on their balance sheets? As for the $3 billion dollars Ford is able to finance this cost either themselves via corporate bonds or by borrowing from banks and don't seem too concerned about it.
    Oh I can assure you, Ford is concerned about it.

It’s what happens next is what concerns me, like Ford using the government to force the creation of a market for these vehicles.

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Tesla was literally hours away from bankruptcy when it started and now is a cash printing machine. Ford is one of the few OEMs that I think survive the EV transition.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    ….the EV transition.

Why is that a thing?

7. Member
    Your head line is a joke...
    "As everyone knows, EV startups lose money while they invest in capabilities, develop knowledge, build volume and gain share."

8. Member
    Well.. start ups cost money. Has to happen at some point if your intention is to move the Auto Market to primarily or completely EV at some point? I'd guess they were aware this would happen. They are spewing 5.6 billion in new construction cost for an EV assembly plant about 30 miles from my desk as we speak. I don't think anyone can show EV being a net benefit to the planet at this point, but they are by God going to do it anyway. Clearly our masters don't intend on our future generations owning combustion engine vehicles.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Oh I can assure you, Ford is concerned about it.

It’s what happens next is what concerns me, like Ford using the government to force the creation of a market for these vehicles.
    Just tweak the numbers until you are forced into an EV. Sorry, tried to paste in the formula for CAFE standards per CFR 49, Subtitle V, Part 531.5. didn't work

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

Why is that a thing?

It's like dangling a worm in front of a fish who knows there's a hook in there but it looks so tasty
    Thanos was the hero

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 191 champ View Post
    Just tweak the numbers until you are forced into an EV. Sorry, tried to paste in the formula for CAFE standards per CFR 49, Subtitle V, Part 531.5. didn't work

I believe you have just hit the preverbal nail on the head.!! It’s coming and it’s a matter of when not if.!!

12. Member
    Does that include the 18 recalled lightnings that were catching fire. Lots of growing pains coming for the big three. Tesla forced their hand way before they were ready.

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

Why is that a thing?

The same reasons we started shutting down coal power plants and replacing them with natgas. Less pollution.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by 191 champ View Post
    Just tweak the numbers until you are forced into an EV.
    Freedom, being crushed by pseudo-scientists, accountants, and statisticians.

All to limit 4% of the world’s population, on 6.1% of the the Earth’s landmass, which covers 29% of the Earth’s surface.
    Last edited by 188Musky; 03-24-2023 at 11:10 AM.

15. Member
    Wish I could make statements regarding my project finances at work like some of the ones made in this article and not get fired immediately! That being said, some VP would ask me to speak in laymen's terms if I did...

"As everyone knows, EV startups lose money while they invest in capabilities, develop knowledge, build volume and gain share."

would change to... 'As you can see, we are losing a lot of money trying to figure out how to make money on EVs'.

Model e lost $2.1 billion in 2022 and its cumulative 2021 through 2023 loss is projected at $6 billion.

translates to.... 'If you think we lost a lot of money last year, wait till you see this years losses!'

The same reasons we started shutting down coal power plants and replacing them with natgas. Less pollution.
    Yeah, except the results show that CO2 in the atmosphere increased in 2022. So, if you consider CO2 to be a pollutant, there's MORE pollution.

I'm sure Ford expected to lose money on EV startup. How much they expected to lose, IDK.

18. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Yeah, except the results show that CO2 in the atmosphere increased in 2022. So, if you consider CO2 to be a pollutant, there's MORE pollution.

CO2 isn't a pollutant. It's a greenhouse gas.
    Thanos was the hero

19. Member
    Which increases global warming and is evil according to your side.

I know you're smarter than that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast