Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    You could if you weren't such a coward and used back door innuendo to stay on Al's good side. You're not being that cute and if someone else said that stuff they would be looking at a 7 day vacation.
    And just like that here came the name calling

Quote Originally Posted by flipNfrog View Post
    And just like that here came the name calling
    F7BBAFDB-F4CC-4D88-9B89-225A22B0A9BE.jpeg
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

What if David Blaine was an elite angler, would they have to implement a rule that you couldn't levitate above the height of the gunnel...asking for a friend...

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Seven Pages for this that is incredible as the attention to detail and rule interpretation have reached a whole new level that is way above the gunnels.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidte View Post
    What if David Blaine was an elite angler, would they have to implement a rule that you couldn't levitate above the height of the gunnel...asking for a friend...
    And that you can’t fish while walking on water

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Seven Pages for this that is incredible as the attention to detail and rule interpretation have reached a whole new level that is way above the gunnels.
    Literally

I'm back

Kyle (Karen) Welcher does a good job explaining it's illegal sounding like he knows what he's talking about. Watch his video.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The5thDutton View Post
    I just wanna know where I can buy a platform like that for my ultrex.
    Right. I think it’s. Cool add on that could be handy.

9. Member
    Unfortunately with my balance at 71 would assure that I would be in the river in no time with that set up.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I'm back

Kyle (Karen) Welcher does a good job explaining it's illegal sounding like he knows what he's talking about. Watch his video.
    Where is this video posted?
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

from post #43
    Direct quote from Kyle Welcher at the 10:39 mark.
    "We are not allowed to manufacture anything with the intention to stand on. I can not put anything on top of the trolling motor."

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    Where is this video posted?

Section 10: BOAT AND MOTOR
    "Any raised platforms or decks cannot be higher than the gunnels of the boat. Trolling motor brackets and electronics are not considered “raised platforms” Standing on the outboard engine or seats while fishing is not allowed."

I agree it's only an inch, it's not a big deal, it doesn't give him an advantage if he isn't using it...yada, yada.

What's been lost in the shuffle with me being turned into BBC's punching bag, is that I'm only saying that I interpret what Kyle says, and what BASS's rules say about it, that it is illegal. That platform is not the trolling motor bracket. That's it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    from post #43
    Direct quote from Kyle Welcher at the 10:39 mark.
    "We are not allowed to manufacture anything with the intention to stand on. I can not put anything on top of the trolling motor."

Section 10: BOAT AND MOTOR
    "Any raised platforms or decks cannot be higher than the gunnels of the boat. Trolling motor brackets and electronics are not considered “raised platforms” Standing on the outboard engine or seats while fishing is not allowed."

I agree it's only an inch, it's not a big deal, it doesn't give him an advantage if he isn't using it...yada, yada.

What's been lost in the shuffle with me being turned into BBC's punching bag, is that I'm only saying that I interpret what Kyle says, and what BASS's rules say about it, that it is illegal. That platform is not the trolling motor bracket. That's it.
    Thanks
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

13. Banned
    He said, with the intention to stand on. Maybe g man doesn’t intend to stand on his? I shot him a em on insta. Let’s see if he answers.

The one's I've seen are added with the intention to stand on to better keep your balance when sight fishing as compared to trying to balance yourself on just the trolling motor bracket. Todd Castledine has one on his boat, minus the bling, for that reason. They would be simple enough to remove them while fishing tournaments with rules against them, then just bolt it back on for the tournaments that allow them.

Future solution...raise the whole front deck, gunnel and all...lots of bugs to be worked out, but not impossible...or is it?
    raised deck.jpg

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    He said, with the intention to stand on. Maybe g man doesn’t intend to stand on his? I shot him a em on insta. Let’s see if he answers.
    That's not how the rule reads. If that's the case they can mount a 6' high platform to the back deck as long as they don't intend to stand on it. If it's attached to the deck it must be part of the deck, same as platform added to the TM bracket is part of the TM bracket.

17. Banned
    Just repeating what the dude said

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidte View Post
    Future solution...raise the whole front deck, gunnel and all...lots of bugs to be worked out, but not impossible...or is it?
    raised deck.jpg
    Hydraulic platform that raises and lowers built into the boat.
    The rule doesn't say anything about using stilts or devices attached to your body. I'm going to make a 5-gallon bucket wearable as shoes!!!!

19. Member
    Would be interesting to know how BASS looks at it. As the rule seems to read it could be considered a TM bracket... Its reaching but I could see it. With that said whats keeping me from making a TM bracket to get me an extra foot of height.

Or if its not a TM bracket its obviously a platform above the gunnels and illegal.

As always people will push the envelope. I kinda find it entertaining.

20. Member
    the over an under on if he gets a dq if he cries.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast