Active Target Interfearance Question

I am in the middle of installing AT on my boat. I run an HDI transducer on my trolling motor at the moment. Will that cause interference with the AT transducer?
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

2. Member
    Yes it will stop sonar on all units , and stop structure Scan also. The HDI transducer has both Sonar and Structure scan in the form of Down Scan.

3. Member
    If I install a regular transducer, non HDI, will that give me traditional sonar with no issues?

4. Member
    Any sonar or SS will cause noise on Live Sonar Period. What trolling Motor do you have?

5. Member
    I have an ultrex. No sonar built into the nose cone.

6. Member
    There is your noise issue. The only way to avoid it is move your AT tranducer up the shaft as far as you can from the actual motor. MK are brushed motors and they produce a lot of noise. Lowrance sent out a tech bullitin on this and there suggestion is move up the transducer as far as you can to avoid the noise. AT this point you need to experiement to determine the actual source of the noise. Besides the settings of the AT. Do you have a pic of the noise?

7. Member
    I do not, I am just installing it and was asking if I could run a second transducer in addition to the AT transducer for situations where I don't want to use AT.

8. Member
    On second thought, I think you are a weather man, fairly to mostly full of caca. I will just call lowrance.
    Last edited by X19Indy; 03-23-2023 at 09:47 PM.

9. Member
    Don’t know why you suddenly became hostile but BH is correct. You will most likely have to stop ALL sonars on the boat to keep the AT interference free. Same for the Ultrex. A brushless motor produces less acoustic interference. Unfortunately an Ultrex isn’t brushless. Good luck with calling Lowrance, the regular posters here have a lot more knowledge than any minimum wage phone tech but have at it.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X19Indy View Post
    On second thought, I think you are a weather man, fairly to mostly full of caca. I will just call lowrance.
    Go ahead just because you don't like my answers maybe you can find someone to lie to you just to make you feel better Good luck.

11. Member
    My apologies, I am well aware the the ultrex has brushes and the interfearance there. My question was about running multiple transducers and if that is possible. Not about interfearance that may be caused by the motor.

12. Member
    Nice meltdown.

13. Member
    I run a 36 volt Ultrex and have DI mounted on the Ultrex going to a Lowrance Live. I also have AT mounted on the shaft of my Ultrex. I have the AT on a separate Live unit at the bow (stacked units at the bow). I run 2 more Live units at the console with a 3n1 transducer. I have no detectable interference with this set up. I don't "stop" sonar at the console. I also don't "stop" sonar on my DI transducer when I am at the bow using AT transducer. I do however have dedicated wiring for all my Live units and AT module. Maybe dedicated wiring would help solve your interference problem?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I run a 36 volt Ultrex and have DI mounted on the Ultrex going to a Lowrance Live. I also have AT mounted on the shaft of my Ultrex. I have the AT on a separate Live unit at the bow (stacked units at the bow). I run 2 more Live units at the console with a 3n1 transducer. I have no detectable interference with this set up. I don't "stop" sonar at the console. I also don't "stop" sonar on my DI transducer when I am at the bow using AT transducer. I do however have dedicated wiring for all my Live units and AT module. Maybe dedicated wiring would help solve your interference problem?
    That’s good to hear. I to just installed AT on my boat and swapped to all Lowrance from birds. I put a 3-1 on my ultrex as well. I like the SI in the TM and get as much out of it as I did with 360. I plan to run SI, 2D, and map on 1 unit and AT on the other unit at the bow.