Ranger Ride System Issues

May be pulling the trigger on a new Z520R next week. Talked to a guy on the lake today with a two year old R boat and he has had nothing but troubles with it and dealer can't get it right.

Anyone else had any issues with their Ranger Ride System?

2. Member
    I have a 2022 520R. I have had no issues directly related to the RIDE system … that said it has a lot to do with which software you are running. Also, I’ve noticed that people with hydraulic jack plate sometimes struggle with it being recognized, etc. Mine has also shown empty / unreliable fuel readings several times but I’ve had that w/ analog gauges as well.

That said - I believe Ranger / Triton have bought into this digital display tech. and are not going to remove it from any future boats… So if you want a White River Marine rig, it’s part of the package. And, my personal opinion only, it is going to be the future of all bass boats just like it is in cars now. will it get better? Definitely.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

I’m getting close to a year of R boat ownership. Initially, the RIDE system (Navico) was not ready for my Bob’s jack plate. Working with Ranger, Bob’s Machine and my dealer, we updated software allowed RIDE to operate and display plate position. Problem longed solved. Other than the Bob’s issue, I have had zero issues and I like the system.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

4. Member
    I was quick to blame the RIDE system for loss of data but it turned out to be a NEMA issue. While it was at the dealer they updated my software to the most current version (they said the latest version has been pretty smooth so far)and it continues to be great ! I really like the system and having the switches for critical items gives me peace of mind. I looked at a caymas before buying and they use a similar system but their forum is loaded with fuel gauge issues. So as others have mentioned the electronic display age is here to stay and will continue to grow with all the manufactures. That being said I wouldn’t buy or not buy a new boat based on that one item. My 520r is my first ever Ranger and I love it !!
    2022 z520r

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I had an issue with the fuel readings at first (software 2.01) back in January 2022 and I got updated to the 2.03 shortly after and it's been flawless since then, so I'm opting not to update it to the most current version of 2.05/2.06. As mentioned above, there are backup controls for vital components on the boat just in case the Ride system fails completely. With technology the way it is going today, this will probably be the new normal having digital controls/gauges. The Ranger Ride system isn't a "brand new" technology, has been used on their walleye boats for years before it was transferred over to the bass boats.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Member
    Zero issues with my 22 ride system. Mine has the orginial software from the factory and I've chose not to fix it if it's not broke. I like the system.

7. Member
    I have a ‘22 Z520R. Only issue I’ve had was the screen went out on me. Looked like a TV when then the cable goes out. Dealer ordered a new one and I was good to go. I’m on the original software and have had no issues since. I like the Ride System. I have all Lowrance electronics, trolling motor and a manual Jack plate. I believe the Ride System was designed by Lowrance so I’d stay with Lowrance electronics. I love the boat.