ZXR Rod Locker leaking in rain.

Anyone have this problem and how did you correct it? Any dealers that are good at fixiing the leaks?

I love my ZXR but that's one of my main complaints is the leaking compartments.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Maybe this will help since I also had a 2019 ZX , I went nuts trying to figure it out when I would be fishing in the rain compartments would leak and be shop vacing a lot , But this is what I came up with . Open the compartments the black aluminum plate you will see screws and I guest their self-tap screws. that are not working , losing up I think from heat , vibration and letting space between what it is holding , so I found stainless steel screws matching the heads of the screws and washers with stainless nylon lock nuts to replace and tighting up you could see it draw together , so anyway problem solved hopefully it helps you all

4. Member
    First thing: Check your latches to be sure they are closing the compartment lids tightly. My 2020 came with all the lid latches loose. I tightened them up and 99% of water issue solved. I'm tight with my dealer and told him. They added to their pre-delivery inspection list. I got a free hat for that one.

Tightening the screws in aluminum support framing like pajoe suggests is a good idea. Mine were all loose. T20 driver and a 5/16 end wrench. I did not replace the screws and add nuts, but won't hurt anything.