4 month old power pole breaks

I deployed my starboard power pole last night and felt it engage and then pop. We were having some decent winds but nothing crazy. Anybody ever seen this?

A3A67454-D78A-4AFD-A73D-053476B94399.jpeg

2. Member
    I will say this, power pole has already advised they will send me a replacement knuckle no questions asked. Pretty impressive customer service i must say.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    I will say this, power pole has already advised they will send me a replacement knuckle no questions asked. Pretty impressive customer service i must say.
    Ive seen knuckles break before not a common thing though at all. Could just been a slight defect during manufacturing of the knuckle itself. Powerpole takes care of there customers as you see was simple easy and fast to get you back up and running. Ive personally have had 3 sets of poles over last 9 years never broke a knuckle or a spike and never have had to replace a set of bushings however I tension my lower pivot bolts ( or at least check them) every third trip out.

4. Member
    This is my 3rd set. Only had an issue with a reservoir prop but happy with how easy process was to get back up and running again.

5. mikesxpress
    Wow! Did you retrieve all the parts? Should be some indication of a pre-existing crack or other irregularities in the knuckle itself.