Looking at 01 SX200

Looking for some thoughts on an 01 Skeeter SX200. I know the usual culprits, check the transom(composite), decking, electronics and most of the general items. I will get under the deck as well to check the bracing. The only things I do not have yet is a compression test and hours. I am doing the compression test morning. The price is not bad at all compared to others in the same range. It has a Yamaha 200 Vmax(OX66). He is the original owner and it has been covered its entire life in his boat house. He said it was always kept on a lift, and it looks to be true. No stress cracks or any signs of abuse that I could find. He has the title for boat, motor & trailer. The water pump, lower unit service and main seats were reupholstered last year as well. It has the Fortrax 112 on it but I will be upgrading to a spot lock as well as some newer electronics. From what I have found they seem to be a reliable hull and engine. I will try to add a few pictures.

2. Member
    I like mine. fishes big ,nice and stable with plenty of storage. Hull rides good but a little slappy. Will run mid 60's with 2 people with a great hole shot and very easy to drive. 01 should have Composite transom and stringers.

3. Member
    Sounds like you’re doing a thorough check over on it. Only other thing I can think of is check over the trailer good. If the boat has sat up it’s whole life the brakes, bearings things like that maybe a bit frozen from sitting. Makes sure tires aren’t old and dry rotted (check the date on tires). But sounds like you are on the right track and doing a good job looking it over.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spotman View Post
    I like mine. fishes big ,nice and stable with plenty of storage. Hull rides good but a little slappy. Will run mid 60's with 2 people with a great hole shot and very easy to drive. 01 should have Composite transom and stringers.
    Thanks. I have read it rides good. I see you’re from Newnan. My wife is from Carrollton, I sure hope you’re not a yellow jacket fan lol.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTexan View Post
    Thanks. I have read it rides good. I see you’re from Newnan. My wife is from Carrollton, I sure hope you’re not a yellow jacket fan lol.
    lol .. Go Dawgs!

6. Member
    Two small areas of cracks in the gel coat but nothing structural. No rot or swelling in the wood bracing of any kind that I could find. Run very good, and five cylinders were hitting 100psi with the last at 102psi. No calibration papers on the gauge but close enough for me.

7. Member
    They are solid engines, it looks like it’s been pretty well cared for. A boat that age, hell any age there will always be a couple of things you can find that are imperfect. Without knowing the pricing etc it looks like a good boat for it’s age.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    They are solid engines, it looks like it’s been pretty well cared for. A boat that age, hell any age there will always be a couple of things you can find that are imperfect. Without knowing the pricing etc it looks like a good boat for its age.
    He wanted 10k for it which was really good compared to anything else around my area. Happens to be an old friend of the family. It has new trim seals and new hydraulic steering seals as wells as a cover.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spotman View Post
    Going by your pics everything looks normal. If you do purchase it I would go ahead with a new Fuel filter, VST filter , Clean O2 sensor and change the 3 low pressure pumps if they haven't been done in a while.
    Sounds like a good idea, thanks ����

10. Member
    That price seems reasonable. See if you can take it for a spin.

11. Member
    Took it out Friday and all day Saturday. It’s sitting at the house now. Ran like a top and plenty of storage. My son was overjoyed, he had it packed within an hour with all the tackle he could find lol.

12. Member
    Awesome and congrats welcome to the club.