2 SI transducers close to each other

I picked up a Helix 10 SI over the winter and I’m going to install the SI transducer this weekend. Does anyone have any experience with 2 transducers near each other? I have GT54 transducer from Garmin currently installed on a transducer plate on the transom. I was hoping to get away with not drilling anymore holes in the transom. Am I better off just installing it on opposite side of the transom to avoid interference.

I run a Humminbird Helix 7 SI unit on my kayak alongside a Garmin 106SV with the GT54 transducer and a Livescope LVS34 with no interferance issues. The SI transducers are at the same depth but one is about 18" more forward under the hull than the other.

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The key is going to be the frequencies you run on them. If they are both running the same CHIRP frequencies (both Humminbird), then you might have some Crosstalk. I run an Apex SI+ Transducer with a Mega 360 close by. I sometimes have to tweak the CHIRP ranges so that they don't overlap... Put one on the low end of the CHIRP Frequency Range and the other on the high end of the CHIRP Frequency Range. You only need to do that if you are having Crosstalk issues.

In Ring King's case (above), the Livescope and the Helix SI transducer are running at totally different frequencies so I wouldn't expect there to be any crosstalk. Your situation should be closer to his as I don't think the GT54 transducer uses the same Mega Frequency that Humminbird uses.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Thanks, guys. That helps a lot.

5. Member
    Personally I'd put them as far apart as possible. I run a Lowrance 3n1 on one side of my jack plate and a SI+ on the other. Height hasn't shown too much difference in crosstalk, usually helps if one is farther forward than the other. If you run both at the same time, there will be interference but not usually enough to keep from using them both. Frequency of the two transducers you're talking, it depends on which SI transducer you're using as to what it could be using.

6. Member
    I tried two SI transducers on one jackplate. Both humminbird. One was mega and the other was 455khz. I had lots of interference. I believe the main issue is them both being side by side. I’d be curious to know how one 12 inches in front of the other would perform but did not want to drill holes.

7. Member
    2019 Basscat Lynx 300 Merc
    2001 Stroker

8. Member
    I have a Lowrance and a Garmin running on opposite sides of my jack plate. No interference.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

9. Member
    I run Humminbird 455 SI on one side and mega SI on the other side of a 6 inch slide master jackplate. They are roughly a foot apart. I get some interference, but not bad. I would describe it as little vertical lines on the screen. If it bothers me I shut the sonar off on one of the units and just use the map on that unit. The 455 unit gives me 2d sonar at speed. The mega is just for idling as I do not have a dedicated 2d puck in the hull for this unit. What is strange to me is the filter on the mega will remove the interference and then later in the day it will come back. Change to another filter and it is gone until it comes back again.