Dual Pro 4 bank charger

So I have a Dual Pro 4 bank auto profile charger that I am going to replace my Minn Kota digital 4 bank charger with. The dual pro is significantly bigger then the Minn Kota. Anybody out there have a 4 bank Dual Pro mounted in their boat and if so do you have any pictures? Also Dual Pro has an amazing veteran program for their chargers. I’d like to pass on their generosity by giving my Minn Kota to a veteran that needs a charger. Just pay shipping and it’s yours.

I was considering this route also, but see there weren’t any responses. I have a 2007 Pantera Classic and want to put a Dual-Pro 4-bank in. My Minn Kota 440D sat on a “plate” that was 12” x 8”. Didn’t know if I could mount it across the top of the pumps, etc. or where that plate is. Any suggestions, tips, or pics would be appreciated. …or confirmation that it won’t fit.

Thanks,
    Migs

3. Member
    Guys make a mockup out of cardboard first to the size of the charger and play with locations first. Pick a spot that will be completely dry and you may have to get creative on mounting options. BCB bilge lids will let water drain to the pumps.

Thanks Wj!!! I was thinking of doing something like that. Appreciate the input!

In our opinion, the Dual Pro may not be as good as the MinnKota. While we respect the Veteran program, the MinnKota chargers have performed better than anything since the CMR (Rick Stanfield) and Lester chargers. Those were also good chargers. The MinnKota will do lithium, AGM or lead acid style batteries. Our failure rate has been extremely low, and they work more than acceptable on lower voltage, when traveling and fishing events. Where line drop is an issue, from long cords or multiple users.

And we want to add that those older Lester chargers will not work with Lithium today.

Thank you BCB! I was already leaning towards getting another 440D, as it fits nice and I’ve had good experiences with them in past boats.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Migs View Post
    Thanks Wj!!! I was thinking of doing something like that. Appreciate the input!
    Welcome friend, X Ranger guys traveled to the dark side. Great boats and a company that’s stands by its products.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Migs View Post
    Thank you BCB! I was already leaning towards getting another 440D, as it fits nice and I’ve had good experiences with them in past boats.

Totally agree with BCB. MK is the better choice. Dual Pro has exhibited some issues, documented here if you have spent time on the electrical/trolling motor forum the past few years. If you see any possibility of lithium in your future, go with the PCL series, as the 440D is not lithium capable.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Totally agree with BCB. MK is the better choice. Dual Pro has exhibited some issues, documented here if you have spent time on the electrical/trolling motor forum the past few years. If you see any possibility of lithium in your future, go with the PCL series, as the 440D is not lithium capable.
    Thanks Catdude! Only sticking with lead/AGM’s though.

Quote Originally Posted by WjColdWater View Post
    Welcome friend, X Ranger guys traveled to the dark side. Great boats and a company that’s stands by its products.
    Thanks Wayne! Excited to join the Basscat family!!

11. Member
    "And we want to add that those older Lester chargers will not work with Lithium today."

I purchased one of the Lester in 2014 for my trollers(lead acid) what a shame it does not work for lithium. I really enjoy my lester and will continue to use wet cell lead acid for the fact. Im just not ready to let the lester go!.
    I have been using a Mk PCL awhile know with my AGM cranker and my lithium house battery. It has served me well. In the past I have used DP and Nocco with my Northstar battery. And had bad luck with both.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor