Message on HDS 12 Live Screen

Evening, fella’s - I just mounted my new hds 12 live tonite, and when i powered it up, I got this message on my screen. Can anyone “dumb it down” for me and tell me what this means?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Z9
    2023 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Minn Kota 112 lb Ultrex
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live console
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live bow (with Active Target)
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 bow

2. Member
    You have an incompatible legacy unit on your Ethernet. If you have a Gen 3 on the network it must be updated to latest software. If a unit older than Gen 3, you must remove it. Legacy mode will not allow you to use two sonar channels (Multisource) so you will lose the 2D portion of an AI transducer.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Hi, NoCal - thanks for replying. The 12 Live is a new unit and the only other unit ethernet cabled to it is a 1 yr old Carbon 9”. I haven’t selected any settings yet on both units, so could it possibly be just a menu feature not selected/enabled?

Thanks, again

Pepe
    2013 Z9
    2023 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Minn Kota 112 lb Ultrex

4. Member
    Do you have a StructureScan module? That message indicates a Legacy device on the network. Easy to figure out. Remove the Ethernet cable and power it up. if you don’t get the message, find what is on your network. Since it is new, a Hard Reset won’t hurt either
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    There was a structure scan module prior, but it has been remove - only thing hooked to the 12 is power, 3 in 1 transducer, and a ethernet cable to the Carbon on the bow. Tommorw I’ll try your tip of removing both ends of the ethernet cable and hope that is the easy fix.

Thanks again for the advice in trouble shooting …….

Pepe
    2013 Z9
    2023 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Minn Kota 112 lb Ultrex

6. Member
    Need to update the carbon 9
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

7. Member
    My bet is the New Live isn't playing well. The theme has been Lowrance is working on a software update to fix a lot of connectivity issues on the New Lives with the .37 updated software.

8. Member
    Both your Carbon and new Live also have to be on the same software version. Just because your Live is "new" doesn't mean it has the most recent software version. Software version mismatches causes problems.
    ciao,
    Marc

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Both your Carbon and new Live also have to be on the same software version. Just because your Live is "new" doesn't mean it has the most recent software version. Software version mismatches causes problems.
    Marc, can you find out how we are suppose to fix this? The newest live units come with a .37 software and when you try to back it down to .18 to match existing units it gives a message saying it is not compatible. There is also no way to get the .37 software to updated older units to match the new unit. This .37 is problematic and I had some issues on my new live unit and AT today but my older lives worked perfectly fine when the new one was acting up.

I updated my new 9 Live after installing it, 22.1.1-65.1.18.

11. Member
    A message just popped up on mine too. I think I am going to send it back.
    Lowrance.jpg

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    I updated my new 9 Live after installing it, 22.1.1-65.1.18.
    Not sure if the 9’s are having the problems, seems like it’s just the 12’s. What version was on yours before you updated it?

13. Member
    All "NEW" 12 Lives I have seen are running .37 and you can't update existing units to .37 so the problem obviously are mismatch software because Lowrance put the cart before the horse! FYI, you also cant change the .37 software to the older version of the software so they all jive because the unit will not allow it....mistakes were made lets fix this!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    A message just popped up on mine too. I think I am going to send it back.
    Lowrance.jpg

Oh No, Randy is a mastermind after all!!!

15. Member
    Might take a look under Settings->Sonar and confirm all units Network Sonar Mode = Mult-source.
    Possibly you have one set = Single Source which is legacy mode.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Marc, can you find out how we are suppose to fix this? The newest live units come with a .37 software and when you try to back it down to .18 to match existing units it gives a message saying it is not compatible. There is also no way to get the .37 software to updated older units to match the new unit. This .37 is problematic and I had some issues on my new live unit and AT today but my older lives worked perfectly fine when the new one was acting up.
    s
    I don't usually answer these types of questions only because I do not have first hand knowledge, but I don't want you to think I am ignoring your question (which is a perfectly reasonable question). I am told that a software update is coming soon that fixes this issue which Lowrance is aware exists. That is the best I have for you.
    ciao,
    Marc

17. Member
    s
    I don't usually answer these types of questions only because I do not have first hand knowledge, but I don't want you to think I am ignoring your question (which is a perfectly reasonable question). I am told that a software update is coming soon that fixes this issue which Lowrance is aware exists. That is the best I have for you.

Marc, no worries, I know you weren’t avoiding it. I was at the classic today and talked to a lowrance guy at their booth and he actually has experienced the same AT problem I had yesterday while on the water with his own equipment. He said yes it is a software problem, said the new update to fix “all” live units is in the final stages and “should” be sent out in 2 weeks. The problem is with their processor supplier, they had to change suppliers and the processors are different and required different software.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    “should” be sent out in 2 weeks.
    Not again!

19. Member
    Well let’s hope that two week deal is for real
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823