Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    No cash------------ is a no sale for me.
    2nd that

Isn’t it a law that you have to except US currency?
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pierce View Post
    It supposedly showed a lack of faith in our government. I am not sure if that applies now?
    Oh it Applies - I Have it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    2nd that

That's what it says on our currency, "For all debts, public and private." But, some businesses still refuse to accept cash and I believe that the courts have sided with those businesses.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    2nd that

I used to think that but apparently that is not the case. I seen a few videos on that subject that were created by what I assume were lawyers and the answer is actually no.

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    2nd that

no,, but you do have to accept cattle or chickens............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

6. Member
    I never got the “cash is king” mentality. The only time I’ve ever been given a lower cash price is when someone is purposely falsifying income to avoid taxes. When selling items, I’ve had guys give low ball cash offers and get mad when I don’t accept, like cash automatically makes them entitled to a lower price. My response is usually “good, then you can write a check for the remaining amount or meet at my bank for a transfer”. my bank doesn’t care if it’s cash, check, or money transfer, as long as it goes into my account and clears I’m fine with any payment.

only places I’ve seen that are cash only is some food trucks, mom and pop restaurants, or the Amish.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 03-23-2023 at 12:19 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Cash is king in my mind means I’m not building debt for a freakin cheese burger
    Everything you buy with a card costs you more costs the retailer more
    I know the credit card companies have been offering retailers deals if they except cards only
    And it amazes me how many people want to buy a dollar item with a credit card
    The cost/fees for that on a retailer is not worth the sale and if you tell these entitled little turds there is a minimum they have a grand mal hissy fit
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    Cash is king in my mind means I’m not building debt for a freakin cheese burger
    Everything you buy with a card costs you more costs the retailer more
    I know the credit card companies have been offering retailers deals if they except cards only
    And it amazes me how many people want to buy a dollar item with a credit card
    The cost/fees for that on a retailer is not worth the sale and if you tell these entitled little turds there is a minimum they have a grand mal hissy fit

i've bought things at smaller stores where there is a minimum fee for a credit card transaction or they usually charge you a few cents extra if you want to use your card...no a big deal to me at all

There are lots of place I have been to lately that will charge you the fee for using a card. Want to use a card, we will add 3% to your bill.

10. Member
    I’ve been to a few events in the past year or so that take zero cash

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Originally Posted by Mark Perry
    Some vendors may not accept cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    They must not be wanting to do business with BBC members.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Some vendors may not accept cash.
    cash makes for effective tax planning.

13. Member
    The lady downstairs wouldn't even take cash for a hotdog and drink, a sad day!

There are signs here saying no cash accepted.

Everyone has their own deal when it comes to cash or cards and it’s funny to listen to people who dig their heels in on a matter that means jack squat.

Personally I rarely walk around with more than $20.00 in my wallet and I think the twenty that is in my wallet has been there since around thanksgiving. The only time I typically carry cash is to tip a fishing guide. I almost exclusively use a card. The guy where I store our pontoon boat will only take Venmo, no cash/card/check.

On the other hand I know a couple guys that walk around with $5,000.00 or more in their pocket all day everyday. It’s not that they won’t use a card they are always on the lookout for a “cash deal” Think guns, knives, watches

A couple years ago a friend’s wife forced him to give their 20 something age kids and spouses $1,000.00 each for Christmas. The spouses kept their mouths shut but the kids expressed their displeasure that they had to make a trip to the bank. Just as their father who worked at a bank predicted. He wanted to Venmo the money to them

16. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    They must not be wanting to do business with BBC members.
    Lol

Dale Sinclair original

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poeman View Post
    I thought I read somewhere it was cards only? Maybe not I can't find it again
    Most of the vendors accepted either one. BASS stated that the concessions in the convention center accepted only cards.

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Oh it Applies - I Have it!!!!
    Me too !!!!

19. Member
    If they will not accept my cash they are going to miss a sale, dumbest thing I ever heard, not everyone has a credit or debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanboat View Post
    cash makes for effective tax planning.
    But she had a tip jar sitting there with cash in it, found thar to be pretty funny. $5 for a 12oz can of Coke and only took a card, good times lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast