Adding AT 2 to run on a carbon 12

Trying to decide if adding the AT2 would be worth the money. Usually, we fish(trolling) 2 times a week for either crappie or cats in SC. I would probally have to mount the transducer on the transom & leave the carbon 12 on the console. By using this setup, would i get good views in forward & down views from the AT? Also, would i be able to split the screen & see both normal down & AT views at the same time??

Usually, i see the transducer mounted on the front.

Been watching a good many utube comparsions but they leave me with many questions.

Looking for comments.

Thanks

2. Member
    I use AT 1 for trolling all the time. We drop weights to get down to 20-30ft, lure is only 60 foot behind the boat. Its amazing how many fish look at the lure. Walleye and northerns, if 3 times and no hit, slow down or speed up, if nothing, change to another lure after 3 misses. Its amazing, I have friends who want to troll more than jigging now plus we are catching bigger fish… 1 to 2.5mph trolling…. I use it on a carbon16 at the helm or 12 live at the bow…

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Biggers View Post
    Trying to decide if adding the AT2 would be worth the money. Usually, we fish(trolling) 2 times a week for either crappie or cats in SC. I would probally have to mount the transducer on the transom & leave the carbon 12 on the console. By using this setup, would i get good views in forward & down views from the AT? Also, would i be able to split the screen & see both normal down & AT views at the same time??

Usually, i see the transducer mounted on the front.

Been watching a good many utube comparsions but they leave me with many questions.

Looking for comments.

Thanks

For trolling honestly you would be fine with the original version and save some $$. When you do AT on a split screen the actual AT image in its “box” gets small. You would be better off with AT1 and put the savings towards another head unit so you can have a dedicated AT screen. Back when At originally came out I was using a live 16 and hung on to it just to do split screen with AT on 1 unit and not have 3 units on the bow. Well the at box was so small it was useless, you can adjust the splits but it still didn’t help. I ended up selling the 16 and put 2 12’s so I would have a dedicated AT screen.