circuit breaker size for electronics

I'm in the process of finishing the wiring on my boat and wanted to get input on what size amp circuit breaker I should have for my the main wire going to the battery. I currently have 2 Garmin 106, 2 helix 10, a M360 and livescope. What amp size circuit breaker should I get? Any brand recommendations? Thanks.

Circuit breaker at the battery protects the wire not the electronics . Depends on wire gauge
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    You need to start with a total load in amps by adding up all of your loads in amps that you will have on your circuit. Once you have that then you can start to fill in the blanks for everything to make it happen.
    Will need more details to help you.
    Are you feeding a fuse block with the main circuit from the battery?
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

4. Member
    Add up the stated loads from your equipment. Add around 20% and that should be your breaker size. The wire size will have to exceed your breaker size’s capacity. Avoid using the max for anything. If your wire can handle 100 Amps that does not equate to you breaker size. Just make the Breaker a bit over what the load is, allowing for a couple add on electronics gadgets. The extra amps before the breaker size might just get a fire going on one of the items hooked to it before it blows to save the wire. If you are unsure or confused you may want to find someone with the knowledge to help. Better to be safe. JMO Bob
    Note: If everything (that means even the usb connector someone wired into the console wiring) or anything else someone hooked up “ that does not matter if its fused or not”. Then it does not matter what size breaker you put in.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 03-22-2023 at 10:17 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go