Boat Upholstery And Custom Cover

Rodents got into my storage building and into my boat (Champion single console bass boat) and ate holes in my seats. They also ate holes in my Dean's towing cover but the motor cover is still good.

I have a call into one place recommended to me, Bud's Canvas, which in the Gainesville-Cumming-Lake Lanier area.

Also, the boat cover situation has not worked out well.

I spoke to Dean's Canvas and they want me to tow the boat there and let them measure it, which is not going to happen due to distance and expense. The woman I spoke with said that they did not have anyone working there now that could read a pattern.

When they made this one I simply told them the boat make, model, year, and hull number and still have that and the the receipt when they shipped it. None of that would work for them now to produce a cover without an in-person visit and measurement.

I called Aurora and they said they could make one based on the aforementioned boat hull info but the wait would be 9 months.

I need a faster, better option than a 9 month wait.

I am calling Horn’s Custom Covers today, but someone I know recently got a response of about a 6 month lead time.

Any recommendations for boat upholstery in N. GA or metro Atlanta?

Any recommendations beyond Aurora, Dean’s and Horn’s?

I did not get much info posting in the Champion Boat sub-forum or the Georgia fishing sub-forum so here I am.

2. Member
    Dang.

Someone has to have some input on upholstery in GA and custom towing covers.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish3000 View Post
    Dang.

Someone has to have some input on upholstery in GA and custom towing covers.
    I in SW Georgia nd tried to find some upholstery shops to recover my seats. Could never find anyone.

FYI...LLebroc may be the OEM for Champion seats. When I was looking for seats, they offer the option to have the Champion logo put on the seat. It was the only logo they offered, so I assumed they made Champion boat seats.

4. Member
    I am at 10 months waiting on my Aurora cover and it is supposed to be done next month. No idea why it takes so long.
    Brett Treece. Caledonia MS
    2010 Skeeter ZX225. HPDI 225

5. Member
    The cover makers apparently have a labor problem.

It is odd that Dean's has no employee working there that can read a pattern.