Trailer questions

I have a 2018 Pantera Classic with the tandem axle trailer. I have Vault Hubs and the Buddy Bearing Bras covering them. I know I’m gonna sound like a moron, but that’s about all I know. Other than I’ve seen that you don’t need to mess with the bearings and stuff for about 7 years. I have no idea what I need to do. Everything is working fine, I just pulled 4 hours to Pickwick and back with no issues what so ever. Can somebody please let me know what I need to look at and do. Sorry but this is the first boat I’ve owned and I just want to make sure it’s well taken care of. Thank you guys for the help!

As long as the hubs are holding lubrication and not leaking, we would not do anything. We would break them down at about 5 years and repack the bearings, by hand, replacing the seals and check the brake disc pads. We do not suggest using a grease gun on the zerk as they do not have a place for grease to escape, thus you blow a seal.

3. Member
    Do I order the stuff I will need from BCB or can I go to an auto parts store to get everything I need?

New double lip seals is all you should need. We have them available in Parts. Most auto stores don’t have double lip seals. One lip turns in, the other out to prevent grease from escaping and water from intruding.

5. Member
    National 470460 is the seal (or a cross matched equivalent). Got mine at the local auto parts store for my 2019 Classic tandem trailer.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

6. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    As long as the hubs are holding lubrication and not leaking, we would not do anything. We would break them down at about 5 years and repack the bearings, by hand, replacing the seals and check the brake disc pads. We do not suggest using a grease gun on the zerk as they do not have a place for grease to escape, thus you blow a seal.
    This would be my advice too. As someone who has done "maintenance" that was unnecessary and ended up causing more problems than doing nothing. So much bad that can happen opening those hubs up.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

I ran my original vaults 8.5 years and didn't touch them, mostly local trips though. I replaced seals and switched over to the Lucas red n tacky at 8.5 years. The vault grease is ok, but is a seal develops a leak, it will fail quicker with less warning, since it turns to liquid, that can leak out quicker. The Lucas red n tacky will probably give you a longer time to fix it, when you notice leakage, before it fails, leaving you stranded. The Lucas red n tacky is more readily available, and way less expensive than the vault grease. That's my take.