08 Stratos 201 Pro XL Tackle Storage

Just picked up a 2008 Stratos 201 pro XL.
    Im looking for Tackle storage ideas.

I know the 3700 boxes will fit in the slots in both storage compartments on the deck.
    I’m struggling or what I’m gonna do with my soft plastics.
    I store my soft plastics in the original bags… I don’t like putting them in plastic Plano boxes.

It worked out great in my Ranger utilizing universal plastic storage boxes…from Walmart ect.
    i’m not sure if they will fit in the Stratos?
    This boat obviously has much less Tackle storage… I really don’t want to store much weight on the starboard side Rod box because I fish alone a lot and I’m a big guy myself….
    The boat will be way to heavy on the drivers side…
    I need some help and ideas???
    Tight Lines!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

2. Member
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

I use the deep 3700 Plano boxes and put plastics (in the bag) in those. You can kinda "file" them so they're easy to get to and somewhat separated. Keep some in the compartment you're showing, a few in the stbrd locker in a plastic shoebox, but the bulk in the box behind driver seat. You could always load up the compartment behind the passenger with overflow plastics.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

4. Member
    You will like the 201....
    Stable hull, fast and good in rough weather...Lots of storage..

5. Member
    stratos likes weight in the rear area so use the rear boxes also for tackle keep it on the light side and it will fly also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    I noticed once i switched from lead to lithium and yes it is light in the rear and it does not like that.,..

7. Member
    I will definitely utilize that rear Port side box for plastics then
    Appreciate the advice

Someone else told me that they actually pulled out the slotted inserts on one of the forward deck compartments.
    So they can utilize half of the area for soft plastics in the shoebox style plastic storage boxes from Walmart.
    I think if I do that, along with the rear port side box, it will give me plenty a room.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

8. Member
    I will definitely utilize that rear Port side box for plastics then
    Appreciate the advice

Someone else told me that they actually pulled out the slotted inserts on one of the forward deck compartments.
    So they can utilize half of the area for soft plastics in the shoebox style plastic storage boxes from Walmart.
    I think if I do that, along with the rear port side box, it will give me plenty a room.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

9. Member
    I got Z Man Lockerz (2) and Blockz (3) and sorted out my plastic into separate bags and labeled them.