Hds12 live screen dark can't see

Hi power is good. When you turn on you can barely see logo when it loads and you can't see sonar at all. Yes I hit power button many times and still nothing. I do believe it's an internal problem bit I'm looking for what others have seen. Also does anyone know what Lawrance charges to fix a unit. I bought my boat used and the unit is a 2019 so it's out of warranty. Seem crappy that a 3 year old unit that cost over $3k would break already.
    2019 PHEONIX 921 WITH SUZUKI 250SS

2. Member
    You might have the brightness turned down. Try this. Turn you unit on> Once the unit goes through its start up sequence >
    Touch the start button once again>Look for the brightness adjustment and adjust accordingly.

Hope this helps,
    Roach

Already tried that

Try a hard reset

My bow unit did this as well and it is known as a backlight issue/failure. Saw some others post that when they sent it in to Lowrance they had to send in $1500.00 with it in case Lowrance could not fix it....the $1500 was for a refurbished unit they would replace it with. I sent mine to Rudolph's Electronic repair up in Maine. Fast turn around, repair was $450.00 + shipping cost. I opened up a free account with Pirate Ship and it cost me $32.00 to ship with $1900.00 in insurance.
    Checkout some of his YouTube videos. Hope this helps, and I agree that these units should last way longer for the price they charge.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

If it is going to cost that much I might just switch it to a garmin echomap 10" on sale at cabelas right now for $999 plus I can get $75 off free shipping and 0% Intrest for a year. Waiting to hear back from Lawrence before making that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ampdreamer1 View Post
    If it is going to cost that much I might just switch it to a garmin echomap 10" on sale at cabelas right now for $999 plus I can get $75 off free shipping and 0% Intrest for a year. Waiting to hear back from Lawrence before making that decision.
    I hear ya....just remember the Garmin will not interface with the other Lowrance items on the boat including through hull transducers, map cards etc. Not all the Garmins are touch screen either if any of that matters to you. Good luck with your decision, Garmins seem to be good units as well

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

I understand that. Last boat had garmin echomap and loved it. Tbh every Lawrence I have owned gave me problems. I bought the boat used so didn't have any options. Seems like typical Lawrence. So upsetting. Seemed like never worked right from beginning but I assumed it was me not the unit. Maybe the screen wasn't the only issue. Maybe this is just the nail in the coffin. I can't change my dash unit though because I have a Suzuki engine that will only hook up to a Lawrence unit. The newer Suzuki motors will hook up to any brand but in 2019 and older only will work with Lawrence. Hoping Lawrence offers to fix it for $400 or less. If not I'll be buying that Garmin

Also you can buy a new hds12 live online for $1899 @ Russell marine right now but Lawrence isn't getting any of my $ if they don't stand up on this unit. Tired of losing money on Lawrence and won't buy another one. If they stand up I'll tell people they did though.
    Last edited by ampdreamer1; 03-22-2023 at 10:37 AM.