New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Running 2 Carbons and map look different???

I'm running 2 carbons one on the bow and one on the console, both running a 3N1 transducer but the map looks different on front unit compared to console, why would that be running Navionics east card ??
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    I am assuming they are ethernet connected. When on your mapping screen go through the menu and see if the source if set to the same on both. If it's not sharing the maps from the card it could be possible you have a bad ethernet cable. I had that issue a couple years ago with my old setup. Navionics map would come on and off as the connection would get lost and found. replaced cable and all was good.

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Went back out today all is well , they both look the same maybe I had a setting different not sure but everything looks good now, will keep you posted if it happens again will check the ethernet cable thanks
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Map settings are specific to the unit, even though it's sharing the same source card. So it's easy to get a setting off, which can make it look different. Shading, Easy Mode, Custom Depths, Overlays, Sat Imagery, Safety Depths, Countour Density etc - one single change and the same map/card can look completely different.