Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trimmed all the way up for loading, lifts bow up on the roller better.
    Be sure motor is running properly and propped to achieve very near the maximum rpm for your motor
    Make sure the prop is properly sized and vented to achieve 3800 to 4400 rpm before nose over during hole shot.
    Dont be afraid to give it a lot of throttles after it settles in the bunks.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeFanatic View Post
    . Lots of times I would back far enough to get the boat against the roller and when I walked forward on the deck the boat would slide right back off before I could get the winch strap secured. So, pull trailer out far enough to stop that and you couldn't get the bow over the roller. It was frustrating sometimes.
    This issue is so irritating, and I had that with several past boats. Fortunately, my P2 is not doing this, so I can actually cut the engine when I get to the roller. Unfortunately, I continue to miss the V to the right every once in a while. Have never once missed left which makes me think it's a trailer design issue.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I’ll buy that. I think I’ll need a couple of OG factory measurements. If I need more, I’m listening.

What length do both sides of running boards extend forward from the most forward brace/bracket?
    My p2 is new so it may not be same but if back mine in just a bit further where the short bunks are barely above water line, like a half inch it loads like a champ with a touch of trim. It took me a bit to find the sweet spot but it's cake now. And sorry I meant to quote the post with trailer in water

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    My p2 is new so it may not be same but if back mine in just a bit further where the short bunks are barely above water line, like a half inch it loads like a champ with a touch of trim. It took me a bit to find the sweet spot but it's cake now.

5. Member
    For my 02 P Classic, I do put the trailer in a little bit deeper than the pic. When I look in the side view mirror, I can't see where the bunk is but I can see that the step on the front of the fender in barely covered with water. I trim up just before fast trim on the approach and then put it in neutral as the nose of the boat gets to the back of the trailer. Once the boat settles in between the bunks, I put back in gear and give a little throttle to adjust with the steering wheel left or right to ensure the nose is perfectly aligned with the center of the trailer and winch strap. I then straighten the wheel and give enough throttle to lift the nose and move forward up on the bunks slowly until the boat meets some resistance. At that point, I am usually on the roller but a few inches back from where I need to be for it to be fully secure with the bow eye meeting the roller. If I am alone, that is where I stop and hook the strap and winch it up the last couple of inches. If someone else if standing at the truck to help, I ask how much farther and then I trim down to push forward until I feel the hook hit the roller.

6. Member
    Last 3 times, I did as advised on trailer depth and it’s loaded perfectly. Not sure about a steep ramp even though a steep one allows you to trim up to pop the nose up. A mid level to shallow ramp doesn’t offer that option.

7. Member
    My 2013 is the easiest boat I have ever had to load. Leave 4-5 inches showing on the outer short bunks, ease onto the trailer and let the boat settle in, then power load up to the roller.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    ease onto the trailer and let the boat settle in, then power load up to the roller.
    When I bought my first Cat back in the 90s this is the one thing the dealer emphasized about loading when we came back from a test run. It's worked well for me ever since.

9. Member
    Some of your struggle may be the prop.
    Certain props power load better then others.
    The Fury models, both 3 and 4 blades load the best.
    My Trophy does well, but not as strong as the furys.
    Tempest is weaker.

With the Fury, loading short of the eye was never an issue. The Fury’s seemed to drive the boat into the back of the truck. Lots of loading power. As some else posted, make sure the engine is getting 3500-4000 RPM for the hole shot.
    If your RPM is low, you will lack the power/RPM to load the boat on the trailer.

It’s very important to have the engine trimmed up. I trim mine up until it’s starts the fast trim.
    If the ramp is very steep, I will trim up more.
    The steeper the ramp, the more likely you are to put the bow below the roller. You control that by putting the boards a bit more out the water and trimming way up.
    Of course this takes practice and experience.
    On steep ramps, I leave more of the short boards out the water. Trim the motor up. Idle onto the trailer. As soon as the boat settles and slows, I bump the throttle. This will put the bow right on top the roller and allow you to lay on the throttle.

It’s the same for unloading. Many complain of the bow dropping and the roller catching the TM.
    Use the same method for loading.
    Back the trailer down until you see the boat float off the bunks slightly. Pull back up where the bunks are out the water. (Same as when loading steep ramps).
    Trim the motor way up. Bump the throttle. This will lift the stern and get it moving.
    Keep adding throttle and trim down a bit. This will get the boat off the trailer without the bow dropping the TM on the roller.
    Hope this helps.

Don
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 04-02-2023 at 08:33 PM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12