Going to Lake Anna this coming weekend

Folks,
    We have a small club tournament this weekend at Lake Anna, any help with water temp, stage the bass are in, depth they are holding in before going to spawn, etc...?

Take care and hookem hard,
    Dave

2. Member
    You and four other tournaments. Last Friday temps were 52 at 208 bridge and not much warmer down as far as Boggs. Uplake around Hunters was 50*.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt651 View Post
    You and four other tournaments. Last Friday temps were 52 at 208 bridge and not much warmer down as far as Boggs. Uplake around Hunters was 50*.
    Thanks Larry!
    It looks like we'll need to bring the rainsuits, I hope the rain isn't going to mess things up.

Take care,
    Dave

4. Member
    It's transition time. Sunlight hours are right, but water temp is running behind. You can find fish where ever you like to fish, from bank to deep. Fish don't care about the rain.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

5. Member
    How did you do?
    I fished Sunday and was very surprised that I struggled like I did.
    caught 1 on jerk bait and had another slap at it but not hook up.
    caught 2 on a shakey head and broke off 3. First bass fishing trip this year and first lesson. I did not tie on a new leader the night before and had no leader material in the boat. A 10 lb 12 month old leader that has been on a rod in the barn for 12 months sucks

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    How did you do?
    I fished Sunday and was very surprised that I struggled like I did.
    caught 1 on jerk bait and had another slap at it but not hook up.
    caught 2 on a shakey head and broke off 3. First bass fishing trip this year and first lesson. I did not tie on a new leader the night before and had no leader material in the boat. A 10 lb 12 month old leader that has been on a rod in the barn for 12 months sucks
    I caught this 6lb 5oz beauty on Friday on a crankbait. Our club fished a 2 day Sat Sun and top 5 weighed, for me, was 9lb 8oz. Top 2 guys had 13 plus and 3rd was 12 1/2. I caught them on crankbait, brushog, dropshot, and senko on docks, in coves near the main dam.Lake Anna 6lb 5 oz.jpg

7. Member
    Nice catch Anna does have some.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

8. Member
    I guess I was fishing too deep

9. Member
    I was in the same creeks about five or six days before your tournament and couldn’t get a bite. I guess timing really is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennyg View Post
    I was in the same creeks about five or six days before your tournament and couldn’t get a bite. I guess timing really is everything.
    Sounds like me every time I go to Anna!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    I really left downlake to run up to check where the Crappie were set up in Pamunkey. I could see some smaller fish on the docks but most still out deeper with the shad. I would have expected them to be a little shallower than they were. They were not even on the bridges. Can’t wait for them to start moving up so I can get my daughter out for fun and to catch dinner. I am almost out of my early winter fillets