Thread: Gloomis ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Kistler, Falcon, Cashion, ALX, Hammer...not sure any of these are actually made and manufactured in America.
    Here's a video of a Cashion factory tour. Everything is made in the US:

Kistler could claim the same when using NFC blanks, even though it was in different locations.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakestar View Post
    Here's a video of a Cashion factory tour. Everything is made in the US:

Kistler could claim the same when using NFC blanks, even though it was in different locations.
    Kool, I'll check it out later. Hopefully the video shows them creating/cutting their own material, rolling, baking, etc.

The last near all American made rod I really loved was the OG Warrior especially the Elite with Boron scrim.

I know ALX completes the build of the rod here however I think the blanks are rolled for them per their specs and the components may be from overseas as well.
    Last edited by dragon1; 03-23-2023 at 02:28 PM.

3. Member
    I know ALX completes the build of the rod here however I think the blanks are rolled for them per their specs and the components may be from overseas as well.[/QUOTE]

Ng blanks (Zolo series) are rolled in the USA and so are the blanks for the Enox series. OS blanks and the blanks for the Oxim series and Ikos series are rolled overseas. All of the rods are put together in Aiken, SC. Alex has been really transparent about this in other posts he's made, also says where the blanks are made on the website.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boatinpete View Post
    My 50 dollar sensilite to me is as sensitive as my NRX original, again sensitivity is subjective
    Not that subjective

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    Not that subjective
    That’s like saying an ugly stick fiberglass is as good as a Legend Glass.

to each their own.

One thing I will say is that the JDM build quality is so much better than the US build quality. I picked up a Loomis IMX last summer for the first time and was blown away by how it felt, but the build quality looked on par with some of my builds and I only have about 15 rods under my belt… that’s saying something
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    [/QUOTE]

Ng blanks (Zolo series) are rolled in the USA and so are the blanks for the Enox series. OS blanks and the blanks for the Oxim series and Ikos series are rolled overseas. All of the rods are put together in Aiken, SC. Alex has been really transparent about this in other posts he's made, also says where the blanks are made on the website.[/QUOTE]

Excellent thanks for clarifying. Yes I knew about the Hydra NG as I have had a custom Hydra swimbait rod and a Zolo custom shop Deputy as well.

I also want to say that the Hydra NG 955 swimbait custom I had was from like circa 2012-2013...it's been quite a while.

Too funny! Shimano has owned GLoomis for 26 years and now we’re in a new era?
    for the record blanks are still made in the USA with exception of Conquest collaboration…
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    Too funny! Shimano has owned GLoomis for 26 years and now we’re in a new era?
    for the record blanks are still made in the USA with exception of Conquest collaboration…
    No one said it was a "new" era... however it is not the same GLoomis as it was under Gary, for good and bad,.from models to pricing to warranties to custom builder blank availability. It is ShimLoomis most accurately.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. Warranty issues you can thank those who abused it….

10. Member
    Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. Warranty issues you can thank those who abused it….
    100%. Some folks seem to think Shimano launched some kind of hostile takeover of G Loomis. Loomis sold because he had cancer and I guess he thought it was better to leave his family a load of money rather than a fishing rod company. Thank goodness he survived.
    The NRX while it may not be a work of art is still the standard, But I get it some guys like a super custom made under a full moon with top secret specs with a spiral wrap on a Thursday.

11. Member
    Warranty abuse is absolutely a major cause contributing factor with manufacturers changing their warranty policies. Still, one year is a bit short IMO.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjockey View Post
    100%. Some folks seem to think Shimano launched some kind of hostile takeover of G Loomis. Loomis sold because he had cancer and I guess he thought it was better to leave his family a load of money rather than a fishing rod company. Thank goodness he survived.
    The NRX while it may not be a work of art is still the standard, But I get it some guys like a super custom made under a full moon with top secret specs with a spiral wrap on a Thursday.
    The corporate structure of Shimano helped GLoomis grow undoubtedly, mostly for good.

And custom builders include many that enjoy doing it themselves, with QC and build specs and balance that factory production cannot match, and many times for less than a factory production rod...that's a fact.

It’s not one year there in lies the problem….but I’m not going to get into it…just too busy….

14. Member
    It’s not one year there in lies the problem….but I’m not going to get into it…just too busy….
    My apologies you are correct I'm conflating Shimano rod warranty. Others have followed suit as well with shortening their once generous/lifetime warranty to much shorter coverage periods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12