Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Randy Blaukat solution to Livescope

I just watched his video recommending creation of two circuits: one that uses Livescope and one limited to 2D sonar & GPS. He is sure TV ratings for Livescope circuit will collapse. He claims there is technology on the drawing boards that will make Livescope look “rudimentary”.

2. Member
    Why does anyone bother watching him? Even if it’s just to laugh at him, it’s still making him money.

And honestly, I think he’s just trolling at this point.
    2021 Triton 20 TRX Patriot w/ 250 ProXS
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow
    Ghost, Active Target, Atlas Hydraulic, and 8’ Blades

The King Of Click Bait

Don't waste your time
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    I'm sure Randy is right about future technology. I started out with a flasher 50 odd years ago. Who, then, would have anticipated FFS?

Someone, somewhere, is working on stuff we've never even dreamed of. A few years from now, it won't be blobs on a screen that we're chasing.

He isn't the only one thinking FFS is hurting TV ratings. I can almost promise you that Boyd Duckett is paying attention. TV pays the bills. Doesn't bother me. I seldom watch the main stream fishing media any way. It's turned into MTV.

I like Randy. Good Missouri boy. I've learned a lot from watching his videos, but he's got to lighten up on FFS. We all know his opinion. A lot of us share it, but he's starting to sound like a buffoon on a mission.

I hope you read this, Randy, and take it as constructive criticism.

5. Member
    He does have a point about TV though. Even though I love the St Lawrence River, watching every guy doing pretty much the exact same thing looking down at the screen gets old very fast.

6. Member
    The real question with FFS is, when does it get so good that state and federal wildlife management agencies decide it is an unfair advantage when harvesting fish? We have limits on fish and animals we hunt. Motor operated decoys were banned and may still be in some areas for duck and goose hunting. Barbless hooks are deemed detrimental to fish stocks.

7. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetskilett View Post
    The real question with FFS is, when does it get so good that state and federal wildlife management agencies decide it is an unfair advantage when harvesting fish? We have limits on fish and animals we hunt. Motor operated decoys were banned and may still be in some areas for duck and goose hunting. Barbless hooks are deemed detrimental to fish stocks.
    agree with most of this.

And I’m sure there is some insane new technology being developed as far as forward looking sonar.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    dudes lost it!

Not giving him a click but this is a common theme with him lately. He hates FFS so bad that I think it affects his tournaments. He’s beat in his mind before he leaves the dock, and when you think you are beat, you’re probably right.

10. Member
    Not that I'm a 100% Randy Fan, but I will point out that he finished in the 60's out of about 220 bolts at Grand last week. Not that bad.

I'll bet a lot of Live Scopers finished worse.

IMHO, FFS is worse on crappie than bass. Most bass fishermen, at least those that can afford FFS, practice catch and release. Does it change the fishing? I'm sure it does, but don't think the mortality rate is that high. We'll just have to adapt.

I stayed for a few days a couple years ago at one of the large resorts on Truman Lake, here in Missouri. At least a dozen crappie guides work out of that resort. Most take out a morning trip and an afternoon trip. Some take early and late. Two or three people usually. Always bring limits of crappie to the cleaning station. I obviously didn't count, but I'll bet close to 1,000 crappie were cleaned every day at that resort. 12 boats x 2/boat x 2 trips/day x 15 limit = 720. Guides only, not counting non-guided anglers.

I discussed this with a Conservation agent casually. He told me that Conversation was aware, and didn't see any possible way they could outlaw the technology, but if trends continue, then limits may have to be reduced.

11. Member
    MLF already does this with cup events, right?

12. Member
    I think the truth hurts most guys. I have all the new tech and agree with him to a certain extent.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

13. Banned

14. Member
    Randy has turned himself into a joke with his clickbait. Let's see...if you use your drag on your spinning reel, you're doing it wrong...you should be back reeling. If you fish braid to fluro, you're doing it wrong...you should be fishing straight fluro. And of course the evils of ffs. Claiming it's out of touch financially of most fishermen. Meanwhile it costs less than power poles but he's got 2 of them hanging on his stern. Ill tell you one thing. If you comment on his YouTube channel that you'll never buy Bridgford Meats due to his and Matt Stefan's constant clickbait videos, he'll delete the comment quicker than you can shake a stick.
    2017 18trx, 200 proxs serial 2B401503

15. Member
    With all his videos giving out advise and secrets about how to catch fish you would think he could do better than 64th place in his last tournament with 11lbs. in two days.

16. Member
    Amen.
    2017 18trx, 200 proxs serial 2B401503

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Not that I'm a 100% Randy Fan, but I will point out that he finished in the 60's out of about 220 bolts at Grand last week. Not that bad.

I'll bet a lot of Live Scopers finished worse.

IMHO, FFS is worse on crappie than bass. Most bass fishermen, at least those that can afford FFS, practice catch and release. Does it change the fishing? I'm sure it does, but don't think the mortality rate is that high. We'll just have to adapt.

I stayed for a few days a couple years ago at one of the large resorts on Truman Lake, here in Missouri. At least a dozen crappie guides work out of that resort. Most take out a morning trip and an afternoon trip. Some take early and late. Two or three people usually. Always bring limits of crappie to the cleaning station. I obviously didn't count, but I'll bet close to 1,000 crappie were cleaned every day at that resort. 12 boats x 2/boat x 2 trips/day x 15 limit = 720. Guides only, not counting non-guided anglers.

I discussed this with a Conservation agent casually. He told me that Conversation was aware, and didn't see any possible way they could outlaw the technology, but if trends continue, then limits may have to be reduced.

A lot of truth in this. Not a bass guy but this place is such a great resource, so here I am....

Most of the crappie guys I know have progressed from where they'd keep a mess when they caught a mess because next time you weren't sure if you were going to. Now a large percentage of us make a meat run when we get low, or save a few fresh here and there, but for the most part, aren't keeping every legal fish we catch until we got a limit like we used to. I feel like that helps offset some of what others are taking advantage of, and exploiting.

That said, we also now know that there are WAY more fish out there than we realized. I used to think if I fished a brush pile, trolling a flat, or shot jigs under a dock, that I'd catch the 3-10 that were there that day, and that was it. I now know I likely only caught the 3-10 from that school of 100-1000+. (some marinas Ive seen crappie stacked up 50-75feet X 30-40ft from 4ft under the surface to 4ft from the bottom in 40ft of water. MASSIVE schools. In turn we've learned sometimes we caught the one random fish sitting in that area of the flat, or we caught the one, too curious fish, that peeled off one of, of 5 or 6 schools of 75-100 fish in a couple acre area.

IDK about Bass trails but I know some of our local crappie trails have had a "traditional" division along with an "open" division. Traditional meaning no FFS/Live sonar. There was almost zero participation in the traditional division.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinNC View Post
    A lot of truth in this. Not a bass guy but this place is such a great resource, so here I am....

Most of the crappie guys I know have progressed from where they'd keep a mess when they caught a mess because next time you weren't sure if you were going to. Now a large percentage of us make a meat run when we get low, or save a few fresh here and there, but for the most part, aren't keeping every legal fish we catch until we got a limit like we used to. I feel like that helps offset some of what others are taking advantage of, and exploiting.

That said, we also now know that there are WAY more fish out there than we realized. I used to think if I fished a brush pile, trolling a flat, or shot jigs under a dock, that I'd catch the 3-10 that were there that day, and that was it. I now know I likely only caught the 3-10 from that school of 100-1000+. (some marinas Ive seen crappie stacked up 50-75feet X 30-40ft from 4ft under the surface to 4ft from the bottom in 40ft of water. MASSIVE schools. In turn we've learned sometimes we caught the one random fish sitting in that area of the flat, or we caught the one, too curious fish, that peeled off one of, of 5 or 6 schools of 75-100 fish in a couple acre area.

IDK about Bass trails but I know some of our local crappie trails have had a "traditional" division along with an "open" division. Traditional meaning no FFS/Live sonar. There was almost zero participation in the traditional division.
    A bass "traditional" division wouldn't draw well most places either. The ones who complain the most tend to be those that don't really fish tournaments anyways. If it wasn't FFS, it'd be the schedule, or the big boats, or the spot lock.......
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by beagledogxxx View Post
    Randy has turned himself into a joke with his clickbait. Let's see...if you use your drag on your spinning reel, you're doing it wrong...you should be back reeling. If you fish braid to fluro, you're doing it wrong...you should be fishing straight fluro. And of course the evils of ffs. Claiming it's out of touch financially of most fishermen. Meanwhile it costs less than power poles but he's got 2 of them hanging on his stern. Ill tell you one thing. If you comment on his YouTube channel that you'll never buy Bridgford Meats due to his and Matt Stefan's constant clickbait videos, he'll delete the comment quicker than you can shake a stick.
    Where do you think Megan Markel got the blue print for her poor me tour. Randy has always been screwed out of winning for one reason or another. The man is always complaining about something. At one time he was a stick, now just a stick in the mud.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Why doesn't he spend less than 4K on FFS and go out there and win every tournament? He'd be rich and famous in no time.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast