Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot17 View Post
    I don’t own it and but have a chance to use it several times on other anglers boat. The are plenty of fish that in 40+ fow. Guess you don’t know anything about barotrauma, you should read up on that. Don’t know where you been fishing and haven’t seen fish in 50-60 fow ever but they do go deep and yes bass too, lmao.
    The question wasn't are bass in 40+ feet of water but the percentage of them caught in 40+ feet of water. Is there certain times of the year fish are really deep and are caught, sure... but to try and reference FFS as gonna be the downfall of bass populations when the vast majority of fish caught with FFS are way shallower then 40 feet is just another fallocy used by ignorant FFS haters or Randy Blanket meat riders...

2. Member
    I like Randy have not been a fan of FFS. However most all of us just got exposed to a 3 day infomercial for it at the Classic. Something tells me sales of the units will not decline in the near future.Hummingbird, Lowrance and Garmin should pay a bonus fee to BASS for their promotional coverage!

3. #FRB
    FFS is a good tool but not a guarantee like some make it out to be. It has made me more efficient on the deep bite when fish are suspended but haven't noticed much difference in the shallow bite. I'll be using it to try to locate whites funneling into the river possibly as soon as tomorrow. When I'm beating the bank power fishing I'm just hoping there are some active fish wanting to play out of the hundreds or even THOUSANDS that see my lure fly by them but never know they're there. I do need to play around with perspective view. I hear that's great for shallow stuff.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    FFS is like hunting with a drone.

5. Member
    100% I caught fish that I would have never known they were there... pulled up on this flat off a drop (fished this area many times with out FFS) and started scanning. Dozens of smallies sitting 60 feet off the drop suspended 15-20 down over 50 feet. Would have never known they were there. Caught about 20 bass in 30 min... that's just one example.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    FFS is like hunting with a drone.
    Pretty much, it's just the same excuses from people trying to justify over and over. Pretty pathetic.

7. Banned
    The next step and I hate to even say it... But will it be the tipping point? It would sure be the end of me watching any on TV.

Someone is going to have a 360 degree real time transducer and you will wear VR googles or similar to use it. You look one direction and you see what is right in front of you. No chasing with a cone. Like your eyes are in the transducer just looking around.

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Pretty much, it's just the same excuses from people trying to justify over and over. Pretty pathetic.
    I think hunting with a drone is the closest comparison you can make when it comes to FFS. Most wouldn't want to admit it, but it is.

9. Member
    I think hunting with a drone is the closest comparison you can make when it comes to FFS. Most wouldn't want to admit it, but it is.
    We wouldn't admit because it is a crap comparison

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Is it really? You are seeing fish that you otherwise probably wouldn't find or catch. Much like using a drone to find and hunt a deer.

11. #FRB
    Is it really? You are seeing fish that you otherwise probably wouldn't find or catch. Much like using a drone to find and hunt a deer.
    You still need to make the fish bite. And if you screw up on your first attempt you might never catch them after they get clued in on danger and get lock jaw until after you get aggravated and leave. At least when hunting as long as you can get a clear shot you're golden as long as you don't screw up and make the deer or whatever you're hunting bolt.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

12. Member
    My drone can fly roughly a mile away from my location where I can stream 1080P video straight to my phone and that's not even top of the line. Do you really think livescope is an equivalent to that?

Since we are on the topic of deer hunting, are you against rifles for deer hunting? I mean a properly equipped rifle can easily kill a deer 500-600 yards away. Has modern rifles destroyed big game hunting??

13. Member
    Do they make an underwater drone that operates just like a flying drone? I want that.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    Do they make an underwater drone that operates just like a flying drone? I want that.

One of several: Chasing F1 Fish Finder Underwater Drone & Sonar Stand Bundle (20M Package) | Wir 843722100630 | eBay
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    You still need to make the fish bite. And if you screw up on your first attempt you might never catch them after they get clued in on danger and get lock jaw until after you get aggravated and leave. At least when hunting as long as you can get a clear shot you're golden as long as you don't screw up and make the deer or whatever you're hunting bolt.
    The more appropriate comparison would be using thermal technology for big game hunting. Which is illegal in my state.

I recently bought and installed active target 2 so I am not climbing onto a soap box either way. But I understand completely why it seems like too much to some people

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Ok, imagine not seeing the fish AND still trying to get them to bite. Who has it harder? Answer me that. Your statement has no foundation. LIke I said before, the statement of 'you still got to get them to bite' is the most repetitive answer to this topic. Just gets old. It's just justification.

17. Member
    Ok, imagine not seeing the fish AND still trying to get them to bite. Who has it harder? Answer me that. Your statement has no foundation. LIke I said before, the statement of 'you still got to get them to bite' is the most repetitive answer to this topic. Just gets old. It's just justification.
    What gets old is hearing the same people complain about FFS on every post about it. Garmin, Lowrance, and Humminbird spend way too much in advertising and sponsorship for technology to ever go backwards. I haven't been around near as long as some of you but I've heard all of the same arguments from your side of the fence on side imaging, Alabama rigs, and aqua view's. They are all here to stay. Might as well accept it and get on with your life.

18. Member
    We're talking about an animal that has adapted to anything thrown at it for thousands of years, no mater the species of fish.

They will adapt to this technology as well and become more aware and weary.

Humans cannot outsmart mother nature.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidte View Post
    Randy Blaukat Stats:
    Professional bass fisherman for 38 years
    Has been invited to 9 FLW Cup tournaments
    Achieved 5 National wins
    Has earned more than $2 million in career tournament earnings
    8 Bassmaster classic appearances
    26 top 10 BASS finishes
    50 top 20 BASS finishes
    10 top 10's in FLW competition
    At age 62 still has the drive to compete
    Sources:bassmaster.com, majorleaguefishing.com, bridgfordfoods.com, bassfan.com

So tell me again why I should listen to your opinions and not Randy Blaukat?
    $2,000,000 divided by 38 years is $52,632/year (before taxes). It's all relative and career earnings are extremely misleading. Factor in living expenses and fishing expenses...yikes. Sponsor money probably helps a little bit. I know a guy that's personally made $760K in a little over 10 years just fishing BFL's, to put it in perspective.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123