Switch from Humminbird to Garmin

Currently I have a complete Humminbird set up on my boat with 3 of the units linked and one dedicated to 360 (it was set up this way as I purchased the boat used). I am seriously considering removing all but the 360 unit and going to complete Garmin and adding LiveScope. Outside of the units and LiveScope what for Garmin is required to network them? Do they need a black box like I have for Humminbird? The units I am looking at purchasing are 4 of the Ultra 106sv with the GT54 transducer and a LVS-32 which I know is not the latest and greatest but is way better than what I don't have and on sale everywhere LOL.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSMAN8987 View Post
    Currently I have a complete Humminbird set up on my boat with 3 of the units linked and one dedicated to 360 (it was set up this way as I purchased the boat used). I am seriously considering removing all but the 360 unit and going to complete Garmin and adding LiveScope. Outside of the units and LiveScope what for Garmin is required to network them? Do they need a black box like I have for Humminbird? The units I am looking at purchasing are 4 of the Ultra 106sv with the GT54 transducer and a LVS-32 which I know is not the latest and greatest but is way better than what I don't have and on sale everywhere LOL.
    Since the ultra 106 units have two ethernet ports, all you need is ethernet cables to daisy chain the units all together. No hub required.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Since the ultra 106 units have two ethernet ports, all you need is ethernet cables to daisy chain the units all together. No hub required.
    Okay that's awesome to hear! This is why I wanted to reach out as that's different then what the Humminbird needed.