Reflex flooring cleaning.

Curious as to what ya'll are using. I'm currently using dawn after every trip
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

2. Moderator
    Do they really need cleaned after every trip? Pretty sure we both suffer from the same level of OCD but dang. I'd hate to clean the floor every trip. Shining up that gel each time is fun though. lol.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    Do they really need cleaned after every trip? Pretty sure we both suffer from the same level of OCD but dang. I'd hate to clean the floor every trip. Shining up that gel each time is fun though. lol.
    Read my mind!
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    I'm an Old retired guy, little things drive me nuts lol.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

5. Member
    Heard shaving cream works pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post
    Heard shaving cream works pretty well
    Ric you have tried it?
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

7. Member
    Not yet Mike. Haven’t been enough to get mine dirty yet.

8. Member
    If you are referring to EVA flooring, its going to show scuffing and to a certain degree going to look dirty because of usage. Your not going to get it to look new again once you have started walking,stamping, letting fish flop on it.That is one of the downfalls of that flooring. Had it for 3yrs now and that has been my experience.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    If you are referring to EVA flooring, it’s going to show scuffing and to a certain degree going to look dirty because of usage. You’re not going to get it to look new again once you have started walking,stamping, letting fish flop on it.That is one of the downfalls of that flooring. Had it for 3yrs now and that has been my experience.
    Reflex flooring is not EVA it’s a Polyethylene foam product that’s much denser than EVA. Apples and oranges.

10. Member
    Is there something you can put on it to prevent some of that staining in the first place?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomwecman View Post
    Is there something you can put on it to prevent some of that staining in the first place?
    Yeah, carpet. Sorry guys, couldn’t resist.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    I heard if you coat it with KY the stains slip right off! Sorry I’m with this guy
    2019 Basscat Lynx 300 Merc
    2001 Stroker

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    so true. That flooring only looks good when new.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

14. Member
    Does Bass Cat offer a darker color that the light gray? I feel like that would hide stuff better than a lighter color. I've only seen the lighter color in pictures.

15. Member
    Yep, gets dirty just like carpet. Awesome or Tub n Tile and a pressure washer does the trick. If you’re OCD, scrub before you pressure wash.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostone View Post
    Does Bass Cat offer a darker color that the light gray? I feel like that would hide stuff better than a lighter color. I've only seen the lighter color in pictures.
    no not yet

17. Member
    [QUOTE=Limbhanger51;12935472]Reflex flooring is not EVA it’s a Polyethylene foam product that’s much denser than EVA. Apples and oranges.[/QUtTE]
    I have an Aqua Traction floor in my 2020 Checkmate Pulsare and it is high density PE and marketed as very difficult to stain. If mine gets wet, the water quickly evaporates but it almost always leaves a "ring" or outline of the edges of the wet spot. So water stains mine and I have to use an upholstery cleaner on it, which so far has always removed it. My boat sits on a lift in a covered dock, and has a tight fitting Marine Concepts cover on it, so the floor still looks like new. it feels good on your feet, and does not get hot. I have about 130 hours on it, and it is only exposed to the sun, water or spills while being used. If it was a bass / fishing boat I would consider it very high maintenance.
    2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare
    2019 Mercury 300R Serial# 1E080852
    1.75 TorqueMaster
    25 Bravo FS / 24 ProMax

18. Member
    I have contact the reFLEX folks through their website and sent emails numerous times over the last few months asking for their recommendations for cleaning it. They’ve never responded.

I cleaned mine for the first time yesterday. I sprayed it with water, then Purple Power. I think hit it (easily) with a rotary brush. It cleaned right up.
    2023 Puma STS