ranger fiberglass cover

I would believe a cover like this would be a good seller if available.
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

2. Member
    These were al the rage back in the early 1990's. Quite a few pros were using them in 1991 and 1992. I was fishing the BASS Northern Invitationals at that time and honestly they looked like a major PITA. They had a lot of side sway when backing in and out of the water and were constantly malfunctioning. They quickly fell out of favor as they really didn't accomplish much. Access at the front deck was really tight when open and they didn't really offer much weather protection (one of their major selling points) when open to work on tackle etc as rain simply blew in sideways. There's a reason they're not around anymore.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

I was thinking more for theft prevention. With all the electronics on the boats today over 1991-2, seems like it would help. I personally
    would like to see one that lifted equally, front and rear, rather than hinge off the front. The way pistons and hydraulics have improved
    over the years, could work similar to shallow water anchors.
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

4. Member
    Guy Eaker had a full box trailer at that time like a car hauler. It was actually pretty cool.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

5. Member
    Would be nice but bet it costs more than a small car.

6. Member
    It was an interesting concept, but I have a feeling the price as well as the hassles with it never let it get out of the prototype stage for Ranger.

7. Member
    They werr expensive and the main ussue would be getting in and out of the boat when launching by yourself. Its already an acrobatic maneuver to get from the truck to the boat without getting wet

8. Member
    I think Basil Bacon tried to market something similar back in the 80's-90's. I was interested untill I found out that the additional weight from the cover, hydraulics & batteries would have required a higher capacity trailer + modifications to trailer to make it work. After seeing it in action, no way. Box trailer built for a boat would be better, but with today's wider boats might be hard to keep legal load width.