Blink Trim/JP levers - THMarine vs Bobs

So, looking at Blinker Trim - both TH Marine and Bobs Machine have them... are they specific to each manf's jackplate, or are they interchangeable/the same item.

I have THMarine single lever now for trim, but adding Bob's Machine so will convert the dual lever. I was just going to get the THMarine one since I already have a DD26 cover/lever for mine, then noticed Bob's has one on his website also. It looks a bit different, but that may just be "cover" for it. So not sure if it's just the same/rebranded TH Marine one, or specific to the Bob's jackplate?

TH Marine

Bobs

2. Member
    The are both basically just a switch and will work with any brand. Install, hook up the wire leads and go.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    The are both basically just a switch and will work with any brand. Install, hook up the wire leads and go.
    Thanks, would prefer to stick with Bob's but then it appears my DD26 covers won't work on them. I called DD26 and they didn't know.

4. Member
    The old T&H marine ones looked like the the Bob's. At least mine do.
    Away from boat now.
    They use to pop up here on the board all the time. New and used?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    The old T&H marine ones looked like the the Bob's. At least mine do.
    Away from boat now.
    They use to pop up here on the board all the time. New and used?
    Bob's are the old style T H marine ones just with a Bob's sticker on the package.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

Talked to my shop who will be installing they recommned just using the Sea Star Pro Trim (who makes the one THMarine sell with their branding on them). So just had them the SeaStar them to the order.

7. Member
    Good choice, dd26 covers will work and look great
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

8. Member
    Bobs used to be featured regularly in Bass & Walleye Boats. The mag would spend $3-4 thousand dollars at Bobs tweaking a motor, changing parts etc. All to pick up 3 mph in speed. And all agreed it was money well spent. I loved reading that feature of the mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanboat View Post
    Bobs used to be featured regularly in Bass & Walleye Boats. The mag would spend $3-4 thousand dollars at Bobs tweaking a motor, changing parts etc. All to pick up 3 mph in speed. And all agreed it was money well spent. I loved reading that feature of the mag.
    same here, I loved that mag, subscribed for years... I was so bummed when they stopped publishing it.

Wound up ordering the Bobs along with the JP and guage... doesn't look like the DD26 cover will fit. I can't say 100% for sure, as the levers don't unscrew like the ProTrims, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it lol. Not the end of the world, saved a bit of money ordering the Bobs over the other ones, and also saved some more since I won't have to buy the 2nd cover and lever too

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Wound up ordering the Bobs along with the JP and guage... doesn't look like the DD26 cover will fit. I can't say 100% for sure, as the levers don't unscrew like the ProTrims, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it lol. Not the end of the world, saved a bit of money ordering the Bobs over the other ones, and also saved some more since I won't have to buy the 2nd cover and lever too
    They unscrew. I'm positive as I've switched handles between the two models.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    They unscrew. I'm positive as I've switched handles between the two models.
    Hmm I'll try again, they just seem to spin and never come loose.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Hmm I'll try again, they just seem to spin and never come loose.
    Well, tried again, either I'm an idiot or they changed something, as I can't get them to unscrew at all. Not the end of the world really though.

I contacted Bob's, the levers do not spin off, for info. Not really an issue for me, but they did say they are working on a new version that will have replaceable handles, similar to the Pro-Trims - should be out later this year. Not sure if they are going the TH Marine route and just rebranding Pro Trims, it didn't sound like it though.