Humminbird helix G3n updated failed

I wanted to upgrade to the newest upgrade so I downloaded to upgrade to the first one but not the second one is sad SD card failure is a 32 sd card i watched a video saying I need to encrypt( I believe that’s what’s it’s called) and follow the steps he listed what could I be doing wrong?

followed these steps just can’t get to the 2.800 to install to the unit but it’s on the chip it reads it until it says as as card failure

• The defaults will be restored when 2.800 is installed.
    • Note that 2.280 must be installed first depending on model
    Last edited by GoneFishingLTN; 03-21-2023 at 08:00 AM.

Encrypt has nothing to do with unit software updates.
    The unit automatically writes an Encrypt folder to an unlocked memory card. Its purpose is for the purchase and download of Chart Select mapping.
    Soo it makes no difference if you do the menu Encrypt or it is done automatically.
    It adds a delay in the update process when it is done automatically==that's it.

AFTER you put the specific unit's software file on the card, it takes a few minutes for the unit to read it and start the update process--up to five minutes. It is a large file.
    Every unit model is different, you have to download the software that matches the unit model exactly as shown in the SYSTEM STATUS view for each unit.
    You can shorten the process by having the Encrypt folder on the card BEFORE you put the unit software on the card.

Check the software version that is on the unit FIRST. If the version number is LOWER than 2.280, then you have to install that BEFORE attempting 2.800.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL