Thread: Face shields

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Cheap full face motorcycle helmet! Best for warmth and even better in the rain.
    This^. Once you use a full coverage motorcycle helmet you will never go back to a shield.

For great prices go to RS Helmets. I have 3 that I got for $34.55 each with free shipping about three years ago.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

I have a Save Phace, it's fairly flimsy and the inserts come loose and have to be re-glued, but it works. I got it for a good deal, but wouldn't be happy if I paid normal price, which I think is around $60-$80. I also have a pair of Oakley Ski Googles that I always keep in the boat, and only bring the Save Phace if it's really cold. I though about buying one of those full face $70 helmets, but as little as I would use it, and as much room as it would take up I decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I got this one 30 years ago. Don't know why they don't make them one anymore. Strap it right around your hood.

Attachment 517724
    I have what looks like the same one about that old. I still use it
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I have a Save Phace, it's fairly flimsy and the inserts come loose and have to be re-glued, but it works. I got it for a good deal, but wouldn't be happy if I paid normal price, which I think is around $60-$80. I also have a pair of Oakley Ski Googles that I always keep in the boat, and only bring the Save Phace if it's really cold. I though about buying one of those full face $70 helmets, but as little as I would use it, and as much room as it would take up I decided against it.
    Never been to a yard sale? I buy helmets for $10-$15 there. I used to drag race had to have Snell rated helmets, bought several cheap.
    As far as room, winter doesn't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Never been to a yard sale? I buy helmets for $10-$15 there. I used to drag race had to have Snell rated helmets, bought several cheap.
    As far as room, winter doesn't last forever.
    Cost isn't really the issue for me... If I wanted one, I would buy one.

6. Banned
    still use my save phace

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile1 View Post
    Thanks folks for all the great ideas. I like the idea of something very light weight so I`m giving the paintball option a go?
    If lightweight is a priority just wear your COVID shield. You DO have a COVID face shield, don't you?

8. Member
    Tried the helmet thing once, couldn’t stand it. Also hated having to store it, made a quick move take even longer. Just a pain. Have to say, I have never seen anyone wear one up here, ever. We all run the set I stated earlier.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Cheap full face motorcycle helmet! Best for warmth and even better in the rain.
    Exactly

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123