Bilge pump problem

Last time out I couldnt get the bilge pump to come on, the recirc pump and the horn, the horn has never worked in the 2 year Ive owned the boat, so no surprise.
    All lights work on the A10 pad, so I got in the back, the bilge pumps and recirc pumps were bad. I replaced them. The recirc now works but the bilge still doesnt.
    I swapped wires with to the recirc and the pumps worked.
    I took off each connection at the bus bar in the back, cleaned, tested each wire and added some die electric grease. My horn now works, but still no bilge pumps.
    I tried to track the wires down to find a fuse by the battery but only found some little switch type thing. Not sure what it is but will post pics.
    I took it off and connected it straight with no changes.
    Im at a loss now, anyone have any suggestions? Ive also disconnected the A10 for 10 min and plugged it back in.

Here are pics of the switch/fuse breaker type thing I found on the pos side of the battery.
    battery switch 1.jpgbattery switch 2.jpg

On one side it has a small push in button, it doesnt stay in when you push it and doesnt click, but like I said I took this out and wire those directly and didnt get anything out of the bilge pumps.
    I know the pumps work, they are new and I had them come on with the recirc button.
    Any help would be appreciated
    2002 Cougar if that matters.
    Last edited by txdyna65; 03-20-2023 at 11:21 PM.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

txdyna65,

that switch type thing is a Circuit Breaker. We do not feel it to be responsible for your bilge pump not working. That is more on the ATen pad assembly and perhaps a bad relay inside the unit, which is basically an internal electrical switch. The option is to move the Bilge pump wiring to an Accessory button (relabel) under the dash, or replace the ATen unit.

3. Member
    I replaced that Circuit breaker, it wasnt the problem which I didnt think it was because I had wired it directly without it and the bilge pumps still didnt work.
    I replaced the connections on both bilge pumps and now they work, however when I put it on manual both pumps come on. When I put it on auto and lift the float, only one pump comes on.
    Are both pumps supposed to come on in manual or do I still have an issue?
    At least I know the A10 pad isnt the problem.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

They are both on the manual and auto settings. This does not make sense as the float just activates power. If both work on manual, then they should work on auto.

Check for voltage on the brown wires on the back of the A 10 panel when the bilge is turned on, may have two of them, as mentioned above, if not connect them to the acc output. Should be a orange wire I think.
    Last edited by lpugh; 04-13-2023 at 03:55 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh