Updating with One-Boat App

Is it safe to update units, Mega Live etc using the new app?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    You can't use the One-Boat Network App to update any units yet because you have to be at the current software level for the update function to work. See the attached page from the recently released One-Boat Network App Operations Guide...

https://johnsonoutdoors.widen.net/co...ions_Guide.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Thanks Wayne. All my units are updated with 2.800 but my One Boat App says there is an update for Mega Live. I was wondering if it is safe to use the App to update it.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I'm not Wayne but it won't hurt anything to try (see the steps below). The current Mega Live is 1.200. If you have something lower on your Mega Live, and since you have 2.800 on your Helix, then I would think the 1.200 Mega Live update should work.

You have to have a SD card in the unit and it is a 3 step process... 1) Download the update to your mobile device, 2) Transfer the update to the SD Card in your unit, and finally 3) Perform the update the same way as if the update were downloaded to the SD card on a computer. All the App does is make sure you download the right update and transfers the update to the SD card in the unit. After that, it is update as usual. There is no higher risk of "bricking" your unit using the One-Boat Network update process as there is using a computer to do the file transfer.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers