Thread: wiring question

wiring question

can I hook 360 to a fuse block that I just ran from battery to bow that has another sonar unit wired to another fuse on the block?

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have 10 gauge +/- wires running from a dedicated fishing electronics battery to a blade type fuse block. I run Mega 360, Mega Live, a 19" Apex, and a 13" Apex all connected to that fuse block. All works great. You just need to make sure you have the ability to have the appropriate individual fuse size for each component.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Sly,
    that's what I was hoping but saw some posts where off the battery there was an inline 40amp fuse then wire to the fuse block. Inside the block I believe 360 calls for a 1 or 5 amp fuse and helix calls for 1 or 5 so I will add that fuse to block. Just trying to figure our if I need inline fuse at battery and if 40 is what's needed.

4. Member
    The fuse at the battery is to protect that wire and 10g wire is rated around 30amps. I think you would be fine with a 20amp on your main line. I have a similar setup with one unit at console and one at bow and using a 20amp at the battery from the factory.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    Thank you Ez