Lowrance HDS12 Live Units - Losing depth???

I have a new boat that gives me depth at the console when idling around but I lose the depth when I get
    up on pad. Any idea why that would be happening?

2. Member
    Let's see a picture of the transducer on the boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennybryan View Post
    Let's see a picture of the transducer on the boat.
    I have a Lowrance 3-in-1 on the back and then it has a thru-hull transducer mounted in the bottom. Getting a picture of it would be very difficult. I know it is down there becaus the dealership confirmed it was. At first we thought they hadn’t installed one but when to install one they found out that it was already there.

4. Member
    Then find the BLUE plug that should be plugged into the back of your Lowrance BLUE PLUG. Then do AUTO CONFIGURE that should trip the unit to read the thru transducer.
    Last edited by kennybryan; 03-20-2023 at 11:02 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennybryan View Post
    Then find the BLUE plug that should be plugged into the back of your Lowrance BLUE PLUG. Then do AUTO CONFIGURE that should trip the unit to read the thru transducer.
    Thanks for that suggestion KennyBryan. I assume you are saying to confirm that the blue plug is going into the blue receptacle on the back of the unit and then do an auto configure???

6. Member
    I’ll probably screw up the wording, but there is a multi-source and single source option. I “think” I had to put mine on single source. I had to “stop” sonar on the 3-1 2d transducer and then selected the “shoot through hull” as the primary 2d. 3-1 in the black port and shoot through in the sonar port on back.

Mine was so jacked with it trying to use both 2d sources, finally got it working right.

7. Member
    Yes AUTO CONFIGURE and see what happens.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    I’ll probably screw up the wording, but there is a multi-source and single source option. I “think” I had to put mine on single source. I had to “stop” sonar on the 3-1 2d transducer and then selected the “shoot through hull” as the primary 2d. 3-1 in the black port and shoot through in the sonar port on back.

Mine was so jacked with it trying to use both 2d sources, finally got it working right.
    Could you send me a ;ic of the back of your unit and/or your internal setting by chance? I know its a big ask.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfisherman1 View Post
    Could you send me a ;ic of the back of your unit and/or your internal setting by chance? I know its a big ask.

my boat lives 1 1/2 hours away and I don’t know when I’ll be back down there. Hopefully, Kenny’s auto configure will sort it all out for you.

If by chance, I make it down there this weekend, I’ll take a pic of it and the settings. I thought I had screwed up majorly at first with the issues I was having on plane.

If this boat is used and the shoot through was already installed. It’s possible that it’s the wrong pin (a 7 pin), the Lives now use a 9 pin and if by chance, you have the old 7 pin. You would need an adapter. If you don’t see the blue sonar cable hooked up on the back, that might be why, it’s the wrong one.

10. Member

5D8EDE72-6A72-4B51-BC0E-EEB27546F365.jpeg

here’s a pic from the internet. “Shoot through hull” goes to the blue port and 3-1 goes to the black port on the far right.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post

5D8EDE72-6A72-4B51-BC0E-EEB27546F365.jpeg

here’s a pic from the internet. “Shoot through hull” goes to the blue port and 3-1 goes to the black port on the far right.
    THNAK YOU

Mine was losing depth, the transducer was to far forward in the bilge and at full trim the boat was lifting and it would stop reading, moved the transducer back 4 inches and corrected my problem. It was a factory install and worked fine until I started fooling with jack plate to get more lift out of boat for better perfomance.
    GO DAWGS