Thread: Prop for 285xl

Prop for 285xl

I own a 2009 285xl with a Yamaha vmax 150 2 stroke, no jackplate. Currently have the stock 23m prop on there that has seen better days. Wondering what prop I should get for this outfit. Was thinking a tempest in a 23 pitch might work. Any suggestions?

I have a similar hull 18xl. I swapped from the 23 to the 25 and really like it. Before I could go over 6 grand and had to be careful when I wanted to run balls to wall. I picked up 2 mph and hole shot did not suffer.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

3. Member
    Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any experience with the Yammy F150 on the back of a 09 285XL. I can't even tell what prop is on the boat at the moment I just know it's a 4 blade.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    I have a similar hull 18xl. I swapped from the 23 to the 25 and really like it. Before I could go over 6 grand and had to be careful when I wanted to run balls to wall. I picked up 2 mph and hole shot did not suffer.
    What was your set up? Did you have a jackplate?

No jack plate and motor in second hole from top.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogers79 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any experience with the Yammy F150 on the back of a 09 285XL. I can't even tell what prop is on the boat at the moment I just know it's a 4 blade.
    Start a new post. and I will reply with my setup notes
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL / Yamaha VF150