Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If lug nuts are torqued to spec on most vehicles you can get them off but most of the time their way to tight.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joefish View Post
    I prefer to have a patch put inside over a plug. Have had that done several times over the years.
    Here in Ontario Canadian Tire will only patch a tire this way, its called a "mushroom plug" and is installed from the inside to outside. Don't know if other shops do it different or if its law in Ontario. If I had to plug a trailer tire, I would want a Mushroom plug.

3. Member
    DIY, 5 min and done. Drill/reem it out, cram the gummy rope in the hole and snip the excess off.

Both vehicles tires are several years old and each has multiple plugs. Trailer tires too. I stopped wasting time driving to shops or worse getting turned away for to old, to close to side wall, to trailer, etc.

The more practice you have the easier it will be to fix on the side of the road.

Though I agree, a plug with internal patch and rebalancing is the best option.

4. Member
    I have heard this store policy before on repairing trailer tires. Guess at some point there was a blow out and lawsuit. I have plugged many without issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12