BBC SPONSOR

Camping at Jordan Lake……HELP!

Would some kind sole on here share what portion of the lake is best to fish this time of year? We’ve spent a couple of uneventful outings with only a pair of small white bass to show for our efforts. Thanks!!

2. Member
    Find rocky secondary points. Fish moving baits until you get bit. When you do it will be big.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    thank you! I’ve been throwing cranks of both shad and craw colors…….guess its just a matter of putting the trolling motor down and keeping after it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEZER View Post
    Find rocky secondary points. Fish moving baits until you get bit. When you do it will be big.

4. Member
    Hi Ron are you by chance camping at Poplar point in loop F?
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Indeed we are. We’re in site 24….Cedar Creek 5th wheel, grey Ram Dually.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsouthpaw View Post
    Hi Ron are you by chance camping at Poplar point in loop F?

6. Member
    Throwing something a little slower will get bites, and although they they not be big, they will help clue you in as to where the ladies might be hiding.

7. Member
    I spoke to you on Sunday when you were out by your boat and I was walking the pup. Hope you get it figured out before you leave and catch some nice ones.
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Went out on the Haw river side today and there’s a boat in every cove and at least one every other point. This is on a Thursday!!!

Non Essentials
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

10. BBC SPONSOR
    You guys are simply better at this than I am. Putting it on the trailer and working the rest of my time here. Someday I’ll learn how to catch pre-spawn/spawn bass but it won’t be this spring.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Meadows View Post
    Went out on the Haw river side today and there’s a boat in every cove and at least one every other point. This is on a Thursday!!!

welcome to every Raleigh lake……where there are more people than bass on the lake at all times! You picked a tough lake…..it’s just the way it is. They have 60-70 boat tournaments there and can’t hardly weigh in 5 limits of fish! Don’t let that lake affect your opinion of bass fishing in central nc. The further you get away from Raleigh in any direction the better it is!

Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn87 View Post
    welcome to every Raleigh lake……where there are more people than bass on the lake at all times! You picked a tough lake…..it’s just the way it is. They have 60-70 boat tournaments there and can’t hardly weigh in 5 limits of fish! Don’t let that lake affect your opinion of bass fishing in central nc. The further you get away from Raleigh in any direction the better it is!
    ^ Truth. Too many people in this area now. It wouldn't bother me as much if folks showed a little courtesy. Fishing etiquette seems to have gone out the window over the last few years. Last time out I had boaters idling right through where I was casting, eyes glued to electronics like a 16 yr old to a cell phone, and even had one guy pull up drop the TM down maybe 20' or so directly in front of me.

Don't let it stop you from getting out there though. I'll be out tomorrow bank fishing there, may try this afternoon too. They can still be caught, even as a bank pleb.

13. Banned
    While our lakes are crowded they are actually not as bad as most. Not having houses on the lakes and smaller single marina's means almost everyone has to tow to the lake. Think about what Jordan would be like if people lived on it also.

Anyone been on Norman or Gaston on a pretty Saturday? Pretty much any lake that has houses near a metro area is even more crowded because you have 1000's of boats already in the water.

Just so I'm not completely full of crap on the internet, bank plebs can indeed still catch them out there. Had about an hour and a half to get out in the rain yesterday and caught this one on a PopMax. Really need to find a smaller scale to bring along, but would guess 3lbs give or take with the belly this thing had.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    We came back to Kerr yesterday for our 2nd week and I had 3 over 4 lbs in the boat in about an hour or so. Guess me and Jordan just don’t get along.

16. Member
    Good job Ron glad you were able to have a good day on Kerr after having a bad week on Jordan!
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI