Livescope 32 VS 34

To start I know that the LVS 34 is the latest and greatest BUT for those of you that have used both or played with alot of setups:

Would I get a better set up out of a LVS32 with a dedicated 16-18volt Lithium battery running the black box and 106sv?
    OR
    Would the image still be better with a LVS34 running off the standard lead house/cranking battery that is also running the console 106sv plus all pumps and boat functions?

I'm just a hobby fisherman so just looking to get the best bang for the buck out of a setup.

Thanks

2. Member
    Those 16-18v batteries don’t provide a better picture.

3. Member
    LVS34 would be significantly better in my opinion.

4. Member
    Thanks for that info. The YouTube videos all want to make it seem to produce brighter crisper picture. Probably the company trying to sell the battery more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by UKjake15 View Post
    Thanks for that info. The YouTube videos all want to make it seem to produce brighter crisper picture. Probably the company trying to sell the battery more than anything.
    Unless you literally see them show an image and then swap from battery to the other and then show the image again with 0 cuts of the footage I wouldn’t believe any of it.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UKjake15 View Post
    They don't. All marketing and/or placebo effect. Get the 34
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    Lvs34 for sure...
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

8. Member
    LVS34 has tighter tolerances. Was fishing a boat with dual scopes, one a 34, one a 32. Brought the jig right above the crappie (I was looking at the 32), and the fellow using the 34 told me I was below it. Low and behold I was. I brought it up a bit and she turned on it. Same thing with the left to right.

That said, some of the problems that 32's had, are starting to creep into 34's. I know of at least four different guys that have 34's, that are having dead/dull spots develop and worsen. Not to the point of a full blown ghost tree, but they're progressively getting worse. I'm not sure if Garmin has been made aware or not. I can't imagine they don't know.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinNC View Post
    LVS34 has tighter tolerances. Was fishing a boat with dual scopes, one a 34, one a 32. Brought the jig right above the crappie (I was looking at the 32), and the fellow using the 34 told me I was below it. Low and behold I was. I brought it up a bit and she turned on it. Same thing with the left to right.

That said, some of the problems that 32's had, are starting to creep into 34's. I know of at least four different guys that have 34's, that are having dead/dull spots develop and worsen. Not to the point of a full blown ghost tree, but they're progressively getting worse. I'm not sure if Garmin has been made aware or not. I can't imagine they don't know.
    Thank You for this info. Was seriously going to start looking into FFS and going to wait a little longer. Seems like there are still some issues to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Thank You for this info. Was seriously going to start looking into FFS and going to wait a little longer. Seems like there are still some issues to work out.
    Whatever these so called issues are they are absolutely no reason to not consider getting livescope. I’ve noticed blind spots while ice fishing that I would absolutely never notice while on a boat that is constantly moving.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    Whatever these so called issues are they are absolutely no reason to not consider getting livescope. I’ve noticed blind spots while ice fishing that I would absolutely never notice while on a boat that is constantly moving.
    Exactly, I'd buy one all over again knowing the issues are there. I wouldn't say they're so called. They're real. I've seen them with my own eyes. That said, it's leaps and bounds better than life before having a scope. My comment was simply presenting facts, not a dissuasion of someone from buying one. I was just offering total transparency on experience with both products.

With a regular lead acid battery, I’ve had both a 32 and 34 and the 34 is a huge upgrade in target separation especially.