Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novakevlar View Post
    TAMPAX applicator bait - impregnated with fish scent.
    They say red is a good color for spring,

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    the cover craw is a great bait, but not nearly as heavy as a cover scat. I’ll use a belly weight and attach it to a hook if I want it to fall faster but more naturally
    Weightless rigged backwards so it dives under cover and docks. Just dug mine out.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    and you just made my point.....don't guess I am allowed to have an opinion cause yours is more important?
    `\;.;;;
    You're upset at what people think of a piece of plastic....thats not an opinion thats being upset over others opinions.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JYarb View Post
    Attachment 517697Dr. Keith Jones in his book, "Knowing Bass" has a section on what lure shape bass prefer. WC, the natural shape was not the preferred shape. NA, no appendages, was the preferred shape, more than two and a 1/2 times over the natural shape.
    Totally makes sense. If a bass isn't in a feeding move, I could see them being discouraged by claws flapping around. The ned rig and senko are without a doubt bite getters.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I think this will probably be a good bait. The simplest shapes seem to catch more for me. I also like baits that are a little ambiguous. Could be a Shad, could be a bluegill, could be a darter lol. I’ve never really just blasted em on the super realistic stuff anyway. If realism was the only prerequisite to catching bass, the huddlebug would have destroyed the market. But I also understand why people are making fun of this bait shape lol

6. Member
    So they copied the cover scat and apparently the rage craw also.

7. Member
    A former GF used to have one of those in her dresser drawer.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    A former GF used to have one of those in her dresser drawer.

hahaha!
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    So they copied the cover scat and apparently the rage craw also.
    I’m not sure which one was first, this or cover scat. Apparently this Yamamoto bait has been in the JDM for years. It’s just being brought to the US market for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Seems a little upset that people think its a silly bait

A little sensitive are we?

11. Member
    Here it is folks. A bass will hit anything. I fished along a bridge in the 70's that had a good population of bass around it. I was in a boat, but many folks fished off the bank. One old guy fished with a cane pole. He would look along the bank for old plastic worms discarded. He used to ask me for any I had, and would give him some I had used. He would break off a 2 inch piece and put it on a hook and just barely move it along. The old guy caught more fish than anybody there. Just a 2 inch piece of do nothing plastic....LOL. Bring on the new stuff!

12. Member
    More proof that bass will eat anything:

13. Member
    I've had a bass hit a piece of willow about 6 inches long, that I knocked off while trying to get a bait unhung.

14. Member
    Over the 50 years I’ve been buying baits. I’ve bought a lot of new baits. Most end up going to high school kids cause they sit in a box. Can it really be better than a weightless Senko. I highly doubt it

Sure hope you all dont buy any of these..That way I can and dont have to look for them and im able to catch fish on something no one thinks is cool or looks right.
    It does look dumb in my opinion but if the fish eat it i dont care at all.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    You're upset at what people think of a piece of plastic....thats not an opinion thats being upset over others opinions.
    You would be wrong, I have no dog in the hunt. I'm not upset at anything or anybody, but hey reading comprehension is an underrated skill. I hope you have an excellent rest of the week sir.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I have no comment about the lure but this thread is priceless.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

18. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Most of you will get it. I know I will be because the cover scat can be hard to find so I hope these will be more obtainable
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

19. Member
    Exactly

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    I’m not sure which one was first, this or cover scat. Apparently this Yamamoto bait has been in the JDM for years. It’s just being brought to the US market for the first time.
    yea , I saw a statement from them saying it was JDM I call bullshit this day and age only secrets are something no one else has seen. Sure it may have situations it will work it’s a different tool , but don’t blow smoke up out asses and say it’s new , revolutionary, game changer when a very comparable product is already on market.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast