Minn kota ultrex

Make it make sense. I finally got around to hooking I pilot link up to my Helix. That's all I did. Just plugged it into the Helix. Well for some reason it reset my boat scale to +2. I keep it at - 2. Yes the water was cold. Why would it do this?
    Thanks

2. Member
    it does it

My Ultrex randomly changes the boat scale back to default.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    My Ultrex randomly changes the boat scale back to default.
    Thanks. All I know is. The first time I push spot lock for the day. I'm going to hold on and see what it does. I hit spot lock yesterday. Reached over to grab my rod. Right into the lake I went.

5. Member
    Another great reason to wear a life vest! Glad you got back in the boat quickly. Cold water does not give you much time to do it. Wow!! Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Don't have the Link model anymore but boat scale is same for both versions and is one of the first things I check before lowering the TM. Usually end up changing it before the end of the day because of winds.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

7. Member
    Dumb question but you need to have the remote with you to
    change or check the boat scale, yes

8. Member
    Yes

9. Member
    Well ever since I hooked up link to my Helix. The boat scale resets it self to +2 when I turn the trolling motor off at the foot pedal. I can turn the Helix off and on and it will not effect the boat scale. If I do not turn the ultrex off at the foot pedal and leave it on all day. It does not change the boat scale. It's pretty damn aggravating to have reset your boat scale every time you turn your trolling motor off. Waiting on a response from minn kota.

10. Member
    Please follow up. I don’t have an Ultrex, but my boat scale does not reset on my ulterra (link) and I unplug my power going to the batteries every time I charge. In fact when the Boat scale is reset it should end up at 0 not +2. That is the default setting. Please do let us know the outcome. That is a dangerous situation. Bob

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    Well ever since I hooked up link to my Helix. The boat scale resets it self to +2 when I turn the trolling motor off at the foot pedal. I can turn the Helix off and on and it will not effect the boat scale. If I do not turn the ultrex off at the foot pedal and leave it on all day. It does not change the boat scale. It's pretty damn aggravating to have reset your boat scale every time you turn your trolling motor off. Waiting on a response from minn kota.
    Make sure that the Ultrex Link controller has the latest update and that the helix also has the latest update also.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Make sure that the Ultrex Link controller has the latest update and that the helix also has the latest update also.
    The link controller is up to date. The Helix is not. It is running great. Now way am I going to update it and screw it up. Been there done that. I will unhook link first.
    Thanks.