Voltage question regarding LS

I've seen a lot of posts online claiming that higher voltage gives a clearer picture with livescope. Any truth to this, what's the optimal voltage to get the best performance from these units? 11.5 v give the same pic as 12.5?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think that's sales pitch to sell cable harnesses and 16v batteries......I saw a video where they put the max voltage on LS and it was the same.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    On my boat I run a lithium house battery, usually runs around 12.5 volts. When I put it on my ice fishing shuttle, I have a 16 volt NMC battery that usually puts out 14.5 volts to power it. I cant notice any appreciable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I think that's sales pitch to sell cable harnesses and 16v batteries......I saw a video where they put the max voltage on LS and it was the same.....
    That's my thoughts as well but I don't have actual evidence to the contrary.
    $400 for that wiring harness made me laugh.

Per the LiveScope engineers, performance is the same over the specified operating range - higher voltage does not equal better performance.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    Per what I have read, there is a voltage regulator on them which makes perfect sense. I bot the Amped Outdoors 14.9v32Ah battery. I cant tell any diff. Now I can tell a diff cause of the water depending which end of lake I fish. Or more especially on diff lakes with diff water quality. Nothing wrecks the image more than when pine pollen is everywhere!!