2013 Mercury pro xs 250 hours not matching?

I have a 2013 pro xs 250 serial 2B018175.

I got the hours pulled the other day and it’s not making sense. It says 541 total hours but when you add up the RPM range hours it only adds up to 190? Any idea why it’s like that?

2. Member
    Someone has reset run hours sometime in the past. The total run hours cannot be reset and usually someone would reset run hours after a rebuild. They can be reset anytime with a DDT or similar. Think of it like your car speedo having total mileage but the trip meter was reset.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

3. Member
    Thank you sir! I figured it might be a rebuild or something like that! I appreciate the reply!

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If Break-In is reset (for ANY reason) it will clear the Run History and Freeze-Frame (Fault) History. As indicated above, Total Runtime remains.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor